HOW LONG SHOULD I EXPECT TO SPEND AT MOPOP?
There's enough at MoPOP to keep you busy all day long, so allocate at least a few hours!
CAN GROUPS VISIT MOPOP?
Group rates are available for parties of 15 or more. Read more about group visits or call 206-770-2776.
CAN I BE DROPPED OFF AT MOPOP?
The turnaround at 5th Avenue N and Harrison is a convenient place for individuals and groups to be dropped off (however, no parking is allowed in the turnaround). Enter through the group entrance which will lead you right to the ticketing area. View map.
ARE PETS ALLOWED AT MOPOP?
Sorry. Pets are not allowed anywhere within the complex. However, service animals are permitted and should be checked in at the information desk in the lower lobby.
IS PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED IN THE GALLERIES?
Photography is allowed in the museum; however, flash photography, tripods, and selfie sticks are prohibited. Any commercial or other unauthorized use of any transmission, picture, film/type, writing, drawing, or other depiction or description of any MoPOP name, mark, or logo is prohibited without prior specific written approval from the MoPOP PR department. Please call 206-770-2700 for more information.
MoPOP may photograph, film, or videotape visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Purchase and use of a ticket is implied consent for the use of the holder's likeness, voice, or video image for marketing purposes.
DOES MOPOP HAVE A BAG AND COAT CHECK?
Check! MoPOP offers complimentary bag and coat check for all museum guests.
CAN I BRING FOOD AND DRINK INTO MOPOP?
Outside food and drink are prohibited. Food and drink are also prohibited in the gallery spaces. However, they are permitted in the public areas, such as the ticketing lobbies and the retail stores. Feeling hungry? Check out CULTURE KITCHEN by Wolfgang Puck at MoPOP for delicious meals and refreshing beverages.
CAN I BRING MY STROLLER?
Strollers are welcome, though we strongly encourage guests use umbrella strollers. Additionally, only umbrella strollers will be allowed within certain exhibition spaces. Stroller parking is available throughout the museum.
Are general admission and event tickets refundable?
No, general admission tickets and event tickets are not refundable as all sales are final.
- All weapons, including concealed firearms, are strictly prohibited
BAGS AND BACKPACKS
- The Museum’s galleries have limited space. Backpacks and large bags pose a hazard to artifacts and documents on display. All bags must be smaller than 13” x 12” x 4” inches to be carried into any gallery space
FOOD AND DRINK
- Containers containing liquids are not allowed in gallery spaces
- Outside food and drink is prohibited
- Food is not allowed in gallery spaces
- Umbrellas may not be carried in gallery spaces. Please check umbrellas at coat check
- Costumes must fit through a single doorway (less than 85.5-inches tall X 35-inches wide)
- Costumes cannot include: pyrotechnics, fire, smoke, steam, fog, helium balloons, et cetera and are subject to MoPOP building policies
- No nudity, lewd, or offensive costumes
- No full or partial body paint in place of clothing
- Photo identification may be required for guests with face concealing paint, prosthetics, or masks
- Functional weapons are strictly prohibited
- Costume weapons must be inspected at the security station located at the event's entrance and must conform to state and federal law
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable
- Costume swords must be tied to the costume so that they cannot be drawn
- Costume weapons will be tagged with a wristband after security's inspection
- Individuals not willing to have their costume weapons inspected or tagged, or are not willing to comply with the above, will be asked to leave the premises
Stay with one of our hotel partners in downtown Seattle, conveniently located within walking distance to MoPOP.
HYATT PLACE AND HYATT HOUSE
Located in the heart of downtown and in the shadow of the Space Needle, Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown and Hyatt House Seattle/Downtown are the perfect locations for your next vacation or business trip.
While vacationing in the Emerald City, you will find many of Seattle's most popular area attractions within blocks of our hotels, including the famous Space Needle, Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), and Key Arena in the Seattle City Center. Other attractions such as Seattle’s Waterfront, Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Downtown, Westlake Center, and South Lake Union are just a quick shuttle ride away.
Your senses will be delighted as you gaze at the majestic Olympic Mountains and the quiet magnificence of Puget Sound. At Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown and Hyatt House Seattle/Downtown, you will find everything you need to enjoy the perfect stay in the heart of Seattle, Washington.
High-end décor and stylish furnishings coupled with the convenience and sociability of a friendly neighborhood create an entirely new kind of all-suite hotel experience—one that invites guests to unpack and stay a while.
Located in Downtown Seattle, the Hotel Max is close to Seattle's hottest shopping, dining, entertainment, and nightlife. Considered the most artistic hotel in Seattle, the Max showcases more than 350 original paintings and photographs throughout the lobby, guestrooms and corridors—all created by local Northwest artists. The Max honors all things Seattle, including music. The members of Nirvana are featured on the 5th floor, where life-size photographs canvas the guest room doors. Experience the hotel's sleek and modern design and their personalized guest service that has created a unique hotel experience where art and sophistication abound. MoPOP is easily accessible by way of a quick 60-second Monorail ride.
The "Best Hotel in Seattle" (as reported by CNBC) has amazing views of the Olympic Mountains, the sparkling waters of Elliott Bay, and breathtaking sunsets from your room. Located near the cruise ship terminal, The Edgewater Hotel is in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of the city's favorite sites.
For a limited time only, get your backstage pass to the ultimate Seattle rock experience! In partnership with Pearl Jam and Ten Club, The Edgewater has designed the ultimate band inspired suite. This space is a Seattle rock fan’s dream:
- Concert memorabilia
- Grunge-inspired decor
- In-room guitar + amp
- Record player
Your package includes:
- Overnight accommodations in the Pearl Jam suite
- Two tickets to MoPOP’s Pearl Jam: Home and Away Exhibition
- Pearl Jam signature cocktails for two in Six Seven Lounge
- Overnight valet parking
MoPOP has a number of programs that provide free or reduced-cost entry to the museum and is committed to providing access to families and individuals who experience barriers to entry through partnerships, discount programs, and education initiatives.
MoPOP TICKET DONATION
MoPOP donates complimentary tickets to more than 800 regional nonprofits annually to support raffles and fundraising events. These tickets are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Your organization may request up to four tickets per calendar year using the Ticket Donation Request Form. We encourage you to put in requests for these ticket donations at least four weeks prior to the date of your event. Tickets are not guaranteed. The museum does not donate memberships.
COMMUNITY ACCESS PARTNERS (CAP)
In keeping with MoPOP’s core value of open arms and radical hospitality, the CAP program is committed to overcoming access barriers to the museum through in-depth, intentional partnerships with organizations that strive to serve their communities.
CAP serves the following populations:
- Indigenous peoples
- Refugees and immigrants, including undocumented immigrants
- POC in need (including but not limited to Black, Latinx, API, and South Asian people
- LGBTQ identified youth
- Homeless and low-income youth and adults
- Disabled and neuroatypical youth and adults
- Survivors of abuse
- Formerly incarcerated youth and adults
Organizations apply to the program annually. The majority of program capacity is awarded in January and February, so prospective partners are encouraged to submit applications as close to the New Year as possible.
As a baseline, all partners will receive the following:
- A number of free individual tickets to the museum for use by anyone in the organization’s client base and by accompanying staff members
- Up to 2 free group visits for a minimum of 10 and maximum of 90 people
- Must be a non-profit with 501c3 status or a government entity or an indigenous community organization
- Must be a direct service organization that provides free programming and services to marginalized populations
Any organization that meets the above criteria is encouraged to apply. We give preference to organizations which
- Serve anyone in CAP’s target populations
- Have an arts focus or offer arts-related programming
- Serve the South Seattle area
- Serve non-English speakers
Benefits last a year starting from when the partner is accepted, and do not roll over. Additional benefits are customized to the organization’s needs and arranged between partner and museum staff. These may include:
- Interactive museum experiences (e.g. tours, workshops, art activities, etc.)
- Use of MoPOP’s event spaces for community gatherings
- Funding for transportation to the museum
- Free passes to public programs and events (e.g. Sound Off!, Pop+, Movies at MoPOP, etc.)
*Organizations are also welcome to request a free, one-time group visit to the museum.
Interested in becoming a MoPOP CAP group? Apply to Become a MoPOP Access Partner
This program is supported, in part, by a grant from ArtsWA (the Washington State Arts Commission) and the National Endowment for the Arts.
MoPOP’S LIBRARY PASS PROGRAM
For individuals wishing to visit MoPOP at no charge, a limited number of free passes are available for check out through the Seattle Public Library and the King County Library System.
The Museum of Pop Culture strives to be accessible for all visitors and provides a variety of support services to assist with your visit.
DROP-OFF AREA AND PARKING
A covered drop-off area is located inside the 5th Avenue N and Harrison Street Entrance of MoPOP and is adjacent to a three-minute load/unload zone. Accessible parking can be found across Harrison Street and at the Seattle Center 5th Avenue N garage. For more information on getting to MoPOP, please see our directions page.
MoPOP facilities are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available through the coat check at the 5th Avenue N and Harrison Street Entrance, as well as the South Entrance, located at 5th Avenue N and Broad Street under the Seattle Center Monorail. A piece of identification must be left with the coat check attendant for wheelchair loan. Wheelchairs are on a first-come, first-served basis, and the number of wheelchairs is limited.
MoPOP is dedicated to providing an educational and interactive experience for all visitors. MoPOP’s designers and architects worked with representatives from the Seattle disabled community to ensure that music fans and MoPOP employees with disabilities could count on easy access to the entire museum. The multi-level building is accessible via six elevators.
- Electric door openers at all MoPOP entrances
- 34” high interior counters
- Wheelchair-accessible seats are available throughout MoPOP’s main music venue, Sky Church
Noise-Cancelling Headphone Loan
Noise cancelling headphones are available through the coat check at the East Entrance (5th Avenue N and Harrison Street). A piece of identification must be left with the coat check attendant for the loan. Adult and child sizes are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and the number of headphones is limited.
SIGHTSEEING IN SEATTLE?
CityPASS makes it easy and affordable to visit 5 top attractions including MoPOP! CityPASS grants you admission to MoPOP, Space Needle, Seattle Aquarium, Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour, and Pacific Science Center or Chihuly Garden and Glass. Valid for nine days from first use.