Fashionably Undead Costume Contest
We’re thrilled to be partnering with Champion Party Supply, who has provided a $750 cash prize for this year’s Grand Prize winner. Other prizes include weekend passes to Emerald City Comic Con, weekend passes to Crypticon, MoPOP tickets, gift certificates to Hourglass Escapes, and horror swag. Categories will include: Most Creative Costume, Scariest Costume, Best Couples/Group Costume, and Best Themed Costume (Evil Science). See full costume contest rules for more information about how to enter.
Seattle Science Night
Unleash your inner evil scientist with Seattle Science Night, a fully interactive science fair where you can experiment with mind-blowing marvels. It’s the most fun you can have without breaking the laws…of physics!
Isabella L. Price
Seattle’s only horror hostess will bring glamour and laughs from her Nocturnal Emissions film series to Fashionably Undead as party host.
This event is 21+ only.
The party…is ALIVE!
This October, join fellow horror fans to celebrate the season of spook. We’re thrilled to bring you another year of the freakiest Halloween party in Seattle: Fashionably Undead. Dust off your lab coat, polish off your periodic table, and perfect your sinister laugh, because for our 9th year, we’re diving deep into evil scientists and experiments gone wrong.
Screwy scientists who refuse to let the sleeping dead lie and passionate polymaths who didn’t stop to think if they should take center stage at Fashionably Undead 9: An Experiment in Terror.
DJ Sir Juan
Dance your fears away with DJ Sir Juan, curator of old school vibes and mystic beats.
Join the mad geniuses from Hourglass Escapes (home of the Official Evil Dead 2TM™ Escape Room) in our Scared to Death exhibition to solve puzzles that unlock exclusive access to props from Evil Dead 2.
All weapons, including concealed firearms, are strictly prohibited
BAGS AND BACKPACKS
The Museum’s galleries have limited space. Backpacks and large bags pose a hazard to artifacts and documents on display. All bags must be smaller than 13” x 12” x 4” inches to be carried into any gallery space
Umbrellas may not be carried in gallery spaces. Please check umbrellas at coat check
• Costumes must fit through a single doorway (less than 85.5-inches tall X 35-inches wide)
• Costumes cannot include: pyrotechnics, fire, smoke, steam, fog, helium balloons, et cetera and are subject to MoPOP building policies
• No nudity, lewd, or offensive costumes
• No full or partial body paint in place of clothing
• Photo identification may be required for guests with face concealing paint, prosthetics, or masks
• Functional weapons are strictly prohibited
• Costume weapons must be inspected at the security station located at the event's entrance and must conform to state and federal law
• Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable
• Costume swords must be tied to the costume so that they cannot be drawn
• Costume weapons will be tagged with a wristband after security's inspection
• Individuals not willing to have their costume weapons inspected or tagged, or are not willing to comply with the above, will be asked to leave the premises