Join us online February 25 as The Chosen Few and MoPOP present the 9th annual Through the Eyes of Art, a Black History Month celebration. This annual event brings together artists, community leaders, politicians, and tastemakers from across the state of Washington to celebrate the Black experience.
LEARN MORE: THROUGH THE EYES OF ART▸
This year's Through the Eyes of Art, a Black History Month celebration event explores parenting in the Black community through the lens of the millennial caregiver. From Beyoncé ballads dedicated to her daughter Blue Ivy, to hit shows like Black-ish that dive deep into topics that make us laugh and cry, the exploration of parenting through a Black lens has always been both present and powerful in pop culture.
With MoPOP's special livestream event fast approaching on February 25, we invite you to take a listen to the playlist embedded below. Curated by MoPOP Manager of Community Engagement Kwapi Venegsayi, it explores the different textures and dimensions of parenthood through the lens of some of pop culture’s most gifted Black artists.
1. "I Got You" - Ciara
2. "Letter To My Son (Call Your Father)" - DMX, Usher, Brian King Joseph
3. "I Love You so Much" - DJ Khaled, Chance the Rapper
4. "A Mother's Prayer" - K. Michelle
5. "Blue" - Beyoncé, Blue Ivy
6. "Only One" - Kanye West, Paul McCartney
7. "Mama's Hand" - Queen Naija
8. "BROWN SKIN GIRL" - Blue Ivy, SAINt JHN, Beyoncé, WizKid
9. "She's Mine Pt. 2" - J. Cole
10. "Like Father, Like Son" - The Game, Busta Rhymes
Learn more about Through the Eyes of Art + for contests, the latest news, and behind-the-scenes content, be sure to follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok!
If you like what you see, support our work by making a donation or planning a visit to our nonprofit museum today!