The Museum of Pop Culture’s mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.
Be Heard—Vote! Bump This Inspiring Playlist While Filling Out Your Ballot
Voting and pop culture have some stuff in common… they’re things everyone can get behind, you’re super cool when you’re up to speed on them, and the fate of our democracy depends on them (well actually, that one is just about voting).
In this important election year, we’re encouraging everyone to “be heard” at the ballot box. We've partnered with a number of Pacific Northwest organizations to share why your vote matters and how you can make a difference as a voter. It’s up to you to take part.
It’s hard to believe, but Election Day 2020 is just around the corner, and for some of us so is the place to drop off our ballots! In the spirit of our Be Heard—Vote! initiative, we wanted to spice up your voting plan by providing an inspiring playlist.
Listen to these songs while you fill out the little bubbles on your ballot, or when you wait in line at the polling place, or as you strut on down to that ballot drop-box. These songs will remind you that everyone who votes has a say, and even in a pandemic, your voice still matters (as long as it’s covered by a mask)!
And if you still need to get your voting plan together, locate your polling place, or learn requirements for mailing in your ballot, check out some of the resources available on our website: MoPOP.org/Vote
We are MoPOP and we approve this playlist! Enjoy.
1. "This Land Is Your Land" by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
2. "Turntables" by Janelle Monáe
3. "Freedom" by Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar
4. "People Have the Power" by Patti Smith
5. "(For God’s Sake) Give More Power to the People" by The Chi-Lites
6. "We the People...." by A Tribe Called Quest
7. "What’s Going On" by Marvin Gaye
8. "You and Your Folks, Me and My Folks" by Funkadelic
9. "Electric Pow Wow Drum" by A Tribe Called Red
10. "Today More Than Any Other Day" by Ought
11. "Light of a Clear Blue Morning" by Dolly Parton
Learn more about Be Heard—Vote! + for contests, the latest news, and behind-the-scenes content, be sure to follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Spotify. If you like what you see, support our work by making a donation or planning a visit to MoPOP today!