MoPOP's new virtual student clubs offer an opportunity for students to connect while remaining safely apart! Meet fellow students who share your interests, solve creative challenges together, and explore MoPOP's content wherever you are.
Do you love reading graphic novels or have you ever wanted to make your own? Take a deep dive into their content with MoPOP’s virtual Graphic Novels Club! Together, we will read five graphic novels that explore social justice topics and issues such as LGBTQ+ & Black stories, climate change, Immigrant equity, and more. With separate tracks for readers ages 12-14 and ages 15-18, club sessions will alternate between discussions about the books and practical skills sessions with expert cartoonists and graphic novelists. Club meetings will be held weekly on Zoom. Check out our full list of books for each track below!
- Ages: 12-14 and 15-18
- Cost: $40
- Ages 12-14: Weekly on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:30pm PT (September 14-November 16)
- Ages 15-18: Weekly on Thursdays from 4:00-5:30pm PT (September 16-November 18)
List of Books (Ages 12-14)
- On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden
- Maybe Someday: Stories of Promise, Visions of Hope by Multiple Authors
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- As a Crow Flies by Melanie Gillman
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
List of Books (Ages 15-18)
- Averee by Dave Johnson & Stephanie Phillips
- Nubia: Real One by L.L. McKinney
- One Hundred Demons by Lynda Barry
- Spinning by Tillie Walden
- We hereby Refuse: Japanese American Resistance to Wartime Incarceration by Frank Abe & Tamiko Nimura
Learn more about MoPOP's Student Clubs + for contests, the latest news, and behind-the-scenes content, be sure to follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
If you like what you see, support our work by making a donation or planning a visit to MoPOP today!