What to Expect
Increased cleaning and sanitation
• Increased housekeeping services across the museum, with a focus on high-touch areas like bathrooms and elevators.
• Use of electrostatic sprayers in galleries and high-traffic areas.
• Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers at all museum and exhibition entrances and in high-traffic areas.
• Touchless soap dispensers in all bathrooms.
• We are running 100% fresh air through the museum! Our air intake is 80ft above sidewalk/street level. The air is filtered several times by MERV 13 and 16 filters, and we've increased the capacity of our exhaust fans to keep things fresh.
• Required training on COVID-19 and ways to protect themselves and others.
• Temperature checks and a health questionnaire for all employees at the beginning of every shift.
• Employees required to wear face masks at all times in the museum.
• Requiring employees to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from guests and other employees.
• Plexiglass dividers at ticketing and retail counters.
• Requiring guests ages 3 and above to wear a face covering at all times.
• Requiring guests to maintain at least 6 feet of social distance (households arriving together do not have to practice distancing).
• Reduced capacity based on state mandates. We have plenty of room, it's a huge building!
• Requiring tickets purchased in advance for a specific entry time to maintain capacity.
• Only accepting credit/debit card or digital wallet payments.
• Providing (and cleaning after every use) stylus pens for guests to use with interactive elements.
• Restricting use of coat check except for storing items not allowed in the museum.
• CULTURE KITCHEN is temporarily closed for the time being. Please plan accordingly
• Sound Lab is temporarily closed due to its high touch nature, enclosed spaces, and difficulty in cleaning.