Information for Our Visitors
The health and safety of our visitors and our staff is our utmost priority. MoPOP is continuing to monitor news about the COVID-19 virus and we are in contact with local and state health officials. We will update this page as necessary with new information as it becomes available.
LAST UPDATE: March 11, 2020 | 4:20pm
Hours and Events
· Beginning at 5:00 pm, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, the museum is CLOSED to visitors, based on guidance from public health officials. We are assessing when we might be able to reopen our doors to visitors.
· For questions about ticketing, please contact Info@MoPOP.org.
· All public events scheduled for March are postponed until a future date. More information will be announced when we are able to reschedule, and tickets will be honored for rescheduled events. This includes:
· 3/15 Member Morning
· 3/19 Homeschool Day
· 3/21 Mastering the Hustle
· 3/21 Sensory-Friendly Morning
· 3/28 Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Festival
· 3/28 Member Saturday Morning Cartoons
· Additionally, PopCon, scheduled for 4/23–26, is postponed.
· We are continuing to assess future events and will post information about events beyond March on this page.
Preventative Measures at the Museum
We have instituted increased preventative measures at the museum, which will continue as necessary upon our reopening.
· We have increased our janitorial services and, in particular, we are frequently wiping all high-touch areas, such as doorknobs and handles, restroom counter surfaces, door push plates, elevator control panels, interactive exhibits, etc.
· We have placed alcohol wipes throughout the museum including at ticketing counters, in restrooms, in Culture Kitchen, and other high-traffic areas.
· Automatic hand sanitizer dispensers are available at museum entrances.
· For information on the virus and steps you can take, consult the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the State of Washington Department of Health, and Public Health - Seattle & King County.