What to Expect When Visiting MoPOP
King County COVID Vaccine Mandate
Due to a King County mandate, all guests 12 years and older will be required to show proof of full vaccination or a negative PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours prior to your visit.
A guest is considered “fully vaccinated” two weeks after their final dose of vaccine (the second dose of a two-dose mRNA vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or a single-dose regimen like Johnson & Johnson).
Documentation of vaccination status must be shown for entry. Acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination are:
• A CDC vaccine card or photo of vaccine card.
• Documentation from medical record/vaccine provider.
• Proof of vaccination from another state or country.
• Mobile app documentation of vaccine.
• Printed or virtual certificate from MyIRMobile.com
• Note: You do not need to show identification with proof of vaccination
If you are not able to document that you are fully vaccinated, you may instead provide proof of a negative PCR COVID test in the last 72 hours. Note: Results of at-home tests are not permitted.
Acceptable forms of proof are:
• Printed test result document (from a test provider or laboratory)
• An email or text message stored electronically from the test provider or laboratory
Information provided in the test results should include:
• Name of the person tested
• Type of test performed
• Date of the negative test (which must be within the prior 72 hours)
Increased Cleaning and Sanitation
• Use of electrostatic sprayers in galleries and high-traffic areas.
• Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers at all museum and exhibition entrances and in high-traffic areas.
• Touchless soap dispensers in all bathrooms.
• We are running 100% fresh air through the museum! Our air intake is 80ft above sidewalk/street level. The air is filtered several times by MERV 13 and 16 filters, and we've increased the capacity of our exhaust fans to keep things fresh.
• Required training on COVID-19 and ways to protect themselves and others.
• Employees required to wear face masks at all times in the museum.
• Plexiglass dividers at ticketing and retail counters.
• Requiring guests ages 3 and above to wear a face covering at all times.
• Encouraging tickets purchased in advance for a specific entry time to guarantee a reservation.
• Only accepting credit/debit card or digital wallet payments.
• Providing (and cleaning after every use) stylus pens for guests to use with interactive elements.
• Restricting use of coat check except for storing items not allowed in the museum.
• Sound Lab is temporarily closed due to its high touch nature, enclosed spaces, and difficulty in cleaning.