Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Volunteer Engagement Manager
Education + Programs
The Museum of Pop Culture’s mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offerings experiences that inspire and connect our communities.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and implementing the administrative aspects of both the volunteer and intern programs, including volunteer and intern communication, supporting outreach efforts, intern program development, application processing, scheduling, training, recognition, evaluation, data management, documentation, program publications, and other support as needed. The Volunteer Coordinator plays an integral role in the team, participating in program development and goal-setting.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS
- Highly organized — Effective time-management, organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Collaborative — ability to work as part of a team
- An agile problem-solver — creative and flexible
- A great communicator with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communication — Communicates with staff regarding volunteer and intern needs, with prospective and current volunteers and interns and members of the community; monitors, responds to intern and volunteer inquiries.
- Outreach — Maintains volunteer and intern database. Manages external position listings, and occasionally participates in community outreach efforts.
- Volunteer Application, Screening, and Interviewing — Processes incoming applications, schedules interviews, and helps screen and interview potential volunteers and interns.
- Scheduling/Placement of volunteers.
- Training — Supports training efforts for new and continuing volunteers and interns; coordinates volunteer learning experiences including curator talks, outside speakers, and trainings.
- Recognition — Supports planning and administration of formal and informal forms of recognition, including annual recognition events.
- Data Management and Record Keeping — Manages database, hours, recognition program tracking, and all volunteer and intern files.
- Documentation — Creates and modifies program documents as necessary, including handbook procedures and policies, forms, collateral materials, web text, etc. Develops systems for tracking data and organizing program processes.
- Program Publications — Leads the production and contributions to the quarterly Volunteer newsletter.
- General Administrative Support — Provides general support for volunteer programs.
- Supports other department initiatives as necessary.
- A./B.S. or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in working with, supervising, motivating, and recognizing volunteers preferred.
- Experience in recruiting, screening, interviewing, scheduling, and placing volunteers preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.
Apply For This Position »