The Visitor Services department is the front line of interaction between MoPOP and our guests. Made up of both VSR (Visitor Service Representative) staff as well as volunteers, our primary goal is to facilitate the best guest experience possible while maintaining the highest level of guest service standards.
This project will consist of consolidating and streamlining existing training documents and resources into one, cohesive and easily editable document that can be distributed digitally and physically to new VSRs. The intern will also research existing industry guest service standards and best practices. Additionally, the intern will create an “Intro to Guest Service” document that will go at the beginning of the consolidated training document.
Reports To: Andrew Robison, VS Senior Supervisor
Position Start Date: January, 2019
Position End Date: March, 2019
Time Commitment: 8hrs/week
- Compile existing training resources into one editable, uniformly formatted document
- Research industry best practices regarding guest service
- Draft an “Intro to Guest Service” document to be distributed at the head of the newly compiled training document
- Other duties as assigned
- Gain industry contacts through research
- Get an inside look a Front-of-House staff development and training processes
- Further develop professional verbal/written communication skills
- Work within a fun, world class, museum environment
- Current college or graduate student with an interest in hospitality, tourism, and/or museums
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professional both in a written and verbal format
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title “Visitor Services Intern"
The Museum of Pop Culture’s mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.