- All weapons, including the use of a concealed weapons permit is strictly prohibited
BAGS AND BACKPACKS
- The Museum’s galleries have limited space. Backpacks and large bags pose a hazard to artifacts and documents on display. All bags must be smaller than 13” x 12” x 4” inches to be carried into any gallery space.
FOOD AND DRINK
- Containers containing liquids are not allowed in gallery spaces.
- Outside food and drink is prohibited
- Food is not allowed in gallery spaces.
- Umbrellas may not be carried in gallery spaces. Please check umbrellas at coat check.
- Costumes must fit through a single doorway (less than 85.5-inches tall X 35-inches wide)
- Costumes cannot include: pyrotechnics, fire, smoke, steam, fog, helium balloons, et cetera and are subject to MoPOP building policies
- No nudity, lewd, or offensive costumes
- No full or partial body paint in place of clothing
- Photo identification may be required for guests with face concealing paint, prosthetics, or masks
- Functional weapons are strictly prohibited
- Costume weapons must be inspected at the security station located at the event's entrance and must conform to state and federal law
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable
- Costume swords must be tied to the costume so that they cannot be drawn
- Costume weapons will be tagged with a wristband after security's inspection
- Individuals not willing to have their costume weapons inspected or tagged, or are not willing to comply with the above, will be asked to leave the premises