Manager, IT Operations
Does not supervise staff
The Systems Administrator works in conjunction with the IT Operations Team to configure, monitor, and maintain servers, enterprise applications, and other technology infrastructure in both the Museum and Administrative offices. In-depth knowledge administering a multi-site Active Directory environment including Group Policy management, Exchange Online (Office365), and ADFS is required. The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset, be biased for action, and can synthesize information to drive efficient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Administer a multi-site physical and virtual (Hyper-V) server environment consisting of approximately 75 servers and 200 endpoint devices.
- Provide daily system monitoring and after-hours critical incident support as scheduled.
- Support & maintain the Active Directory environment including Office365, Exchange Online, and ADFS.
- Assist in maintaining a variety of enterprise applications & databases across physical, virtual, and cloud-hosted platforms.
- Improve automation of server & endpoint deployment, patching, and security.
- Author and maintain documentation related to systems they are given responsibility for.
- Take ownership of IT projects as-assigned, ensuring completion within schedules and budgets.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory & Group Policies
- Server virtualization (Hyper-V or VMWare)
- MS Exchange (Exchange Online experience preferred)
- MS-SQL Server
- Expert knowledge of common Windows Server/AD administration tools.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Office 365 in an enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of common Layer 2 & Layer 3 networking concepts and best-practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adaptable and motivated to learn new skills through both self-study and work-sponsored training/certification.
- Must be detail-oriented yet able to manage a continuous workflow in a multi-tasking environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following areas is considered desirable:
- Configuration & management of business/enterprise-class Firewalls
- iSCSI SANs
- Offsite/Cloud-based Backup & DR solutions
- PCI-DSS compliance and auditing
- MDM/EMM deployment & maintenance
- Administration of public-facing web applications utilizing IIS
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds
Apply For This Position »