Sr. Supervisor, Security Services, Swing Operations
Director of Facilities + Museum Operations
Swing Shift 3:30pm – 12am
26.89 per hour
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities and Museum Operations, the Swing Shift Sr. Supervisor of Security Services is responsible for a comprehensive, multi-site museum protection program for people, objects, and the facility. This role will oversee the onsite operations and scheduling of our third-party Security partners to ensure that museum standards for safety and customer service are met. They are responsible for the overall security of MoPOP visitors and staff during the Swing Shift and effectively and holistically transition the security team between shifts. This role is primarily Tuesday – Saturday (3:30pm – 12:00am) with flexibility dependent on the MoPOP Event schedule.
Essential Job Duties (other duties as assigned)
- Oversee Security Services swing shift including supervision of third-party contractors in a manner that provides our guests with a safe and superb guest experience, and to ensure MoPOP security procedures are upheld to the highest standards.
- Work with our internal Event Managers and third-party Security partners to generate the schedule and secure the appropriate number of security personnel at the appropriate experience levels required for each shift.
- Create event security post maps based on event security needs for all internal and external event schedules.
- Provide ongoing training for both MoPOP employees and third-party Security officers on MoPOP security standards.
- Maintain records of actual third-party staffing and reconcile to monthly billings from Security vendors, route billings to the MoPOP system for payment.
- Perform rounds, secure areas, and provide directional information to guests and vendors of MoPOP.
- Monitor/audit all cameras and access control systems for optimal performance.
- Monitor department activities, track trends, and suggest improvements based on data.
- Ensure that incidents occurring during the swing shift are responded to in a prompt and professional manner, in line with MoPOP policies and procedures, and documented accurately and timely.
- Review all Daily Shift Reports/Logs and follow up as needed. Write or review incident and accident reports.
- Sustain effective cross-departmental working relationships for optimal collaboration.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer high level service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commit to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated supervisory experience in a public, interactive setting. Experience in facility, crowd management and event security required.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills, comfortable managing a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with little or no supervision to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
- Solid leadership skills, positive role modeling to staff and ability to bring out the best in our people.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work irregular hours, holidays, weekends and callouts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
This regular full-time position includes Medical/Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, Vacation, Sick, Floating Holiday, Company Holidays, EAP, and transportation benefits.
Please email jobs@MoPOP.org if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or hiring process.