Sr. Creative Manager
Director of Marketing
Two designers/producers, plus freelancers
MoPOP is searching for a Sr. Creative Manager with a distinguished visual design background to lead MoPOP’s brand and creative services. The Sr. Creative Manager will be a strong hands-on leader with a formidable understanding of how creative concept translates into digital assets, print, video, social, web, campaign, retail, and spaces, and creative services processes.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled team leader as well as a project manager and talented designer, inspiring and supporting the creative team from innovative concept to flawless execution. They will provide specific creative direction to digital and print campaigns, video projects, and UX/UI with the goal to keep MoPOP’s creative at award-winning levels. They will also grab the wheel and design, mentor designers, and be a reliable project manager during demanding deadlines and feedback. The Sr. Creative Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely cross-functionally to ensure that the creative work meets business goals, and is delivered on time and in budget while pushing creative boundaries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Lead and manage the creative studio, and inspire a team of highly talented designers and producers.
- Conceptualize, design and deliver highly compelling creative across digital, print, video, merchandise, and spaces.
- Sell creative vision, getting buy-in from internal stakeholders.
- Provides quality control on all completed projects to ensure design quality, production accuracy and all projects move the MoPOP brand forward.
- Partner with web and mobile ui/ux to raise quality of user experience and interactions with digital applications.
- Actively participate in marketing meetings and support the department in the development and implementation of communication materials.
- Promote creative innovation within established brand and budget guidelines.
- Manage freelancers and vendors.
- Manage team workload and timelines.
- Work closely with a project coordinator, marketing managers, and internal stakeholders to produce compelling creative that successfully engages audiences and promotes MoPOP initiatives.
- Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty – you will be designing and producing side by side with your team.
- 8+ years of professional graphic design experience in an agency setting or in-house creative/marketing department developing web and print materials.
- 5+ years of digital design preferred.
- Ability to recognize overall project objectives and execute. design/communication in a way that satisfies the ideal user experience to meet those project objectives.
- Strong knowledge of graphics production, design/color theories, techniques, typography and video production are required.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy/quality and a critical eye for design aesthetics.
- Experience developing brands and sub-brands.
- Proven success in creating and overseeing rich campaign work with numerous deliverables that display a consistent creative style.
- Keen understanding of digital asset creation and management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and drive multiple creative projects with demanding deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team management skills.
- Collaborative and persuasive team leader.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and an ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude in a fast paced team environment.
- Proven ability to achieve results driven by creative solutions.
- Expert-level skills in Adobe Creative Suite, and experience with other related design/production tools including Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb ladders. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Apply For This Position »