MoPOP has a number of programs that provide free or reduced-cost entry to the museum and is committed to providing access to families and individuals who experience barriers to entry through partnerships, discount programs, and education initiatives.
MoPOP participates in the Museums for All program, a national initiative that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums regularly.
Individuals and families presenting an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card or a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) card can receive free admission during normal operating hours for up to ten individuals. The special exhibit Hidden Worlds: The Films of LAIKA is included in this program.
- We accept current EBT/WIC cards for the program from any state
- You must have your card when you arrive at the admissions desk at the museum to participate
- No additional identification is required
Unfortunately, as of now, individuals and families participating in the Museums for All program cannot redeem tickets online to reserve an entrance time. Please bring your card to MoPOP’s East Entrance on 5th Avenue North for admittance to the museum.
Questions? Please contact Community@MoPOP.org.
MoPOP TICKET DONATION
MoPOP donates complimentary tickets to more than 800 regional nonprofits annually to support raffles and fundraising events. These tickets are limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Your organization may request up to four tickets per calendar year using the Ticket Donation Request Form. We encourage you to put in requests for these ticket donations at least four weeks prior to the date of your event. Tickets are not guaranteed. The museum does not donate memberships.
MoPOP’S LIBRARY PASS PROGRAM
For individuals wishing to visit MoPOP at no charge, a limited number of free passes are available for check out through the Seattle Public Library and the King County Library System.
COMMUNITY ACCESS PARTNERS (CAP)
In keeping with MoPOP’s core value of open arms and radical hospitality, the CAP program is committed to overcoming access barriers to the museum through in-depth, intentional partnerships with organizations that strive to serve their communities.
CAP serves the following populations.
- Indigenous peoples
- Refugees and immigrants, including undocumented immigrants
- POC in need (including but not limited to Black, Latinx, API, and South Asian people)
- LGBTQ identified youth
- Homeless and low-income youth and adults
- Disabled and neuroatypical youth and adults
- Survivors of abuse
- Formerly incarcerated youth and adults
Organizations only need to apply to the program once, and if admitted, will be considered ongoing partners; however, partners will need to renew their benefits annually.
As a baseline, all partners will receive the following:
- A number of free individual tickets to the museum for use by anyone in the organization’s client base and by accompanying staff members
- Up to 2 free group visits for a minimum of 10 and maximum of 90 people
Benefits last a year starting from when the partner is accepted, and do not roll over.
Additional benefits are customized to the organization’s needs and arranged between partner and museum staff.
These may include:
- Interactive museum experiences (e.g. tours, workshops, art activities, etc.)
- Funding for transportation to the museum
- Free passes to public programs and events (e.g. Sound Off!, Pop+, Movies at MoPOP, etc.)
*Organizations are also welcome to request a free, one-time group visit to the museum.
- Must be a non-profit with 501c3 status or a government entity or an indigenous community organization
- Must be a direct service organization that provides free programming and services to marginalized populations
Any organization that meets the above criteria is encouraged to apply. We give preference to organizations which
- Serve anyone in CAP’s target populations
- Have an arts focus or offer arts-related programming
- Serve the South Seattle area
- Serve non-English speakers
The CAP application window is now open year-round - apply below.
Please allow up to two weeks to process your application. If you have questions, please email Community@MoPOP.org.
THANKS TO SPONSORS OF OUR ACCESS PROGRAMS