Applications have closed for our 2023-2024 Teacher Advisory Board cohort. Applications for next year will open Spring of 2024!
TAB helps us develop programs that meet the complex needs of modern classrooms. They test new programming, receive free exclusive workshops and museum visits, and influence the museum’s curricula moving forward.
Natasha Ransom, Manager of Outreach and Adult Education
"You are heard and valued and the other teachers are super rad!" - TAB Member, 20-21
"Being part of the brain trust of the education outreach for MoPOP is incredibly rewarding. Knowing that they take our feedback seriously is incredible." - TAB Member, 20-21
We're Looking for Teachers Who Are:
- Excited to integrate pop culture into their classroom
- Seeking new opportunities for their students
- Interested in pop culture and MoPOP
- Committed to equity, inclusion, and representation in their classroom teaching
- Reflective of the diversity of our student populations in regard to race, gender, geography, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Free pilot programs at the museum, in your classroom, or virtually
- Dinner & refreshments at in-person meetings
- Free registration for our Teacher Professional Development workshops
- Free year-long MoPOP Educator Membership
- $300 stipend
- Must be a classroom teacher in a school within King County, WA, grades 3-12.
- Must be available for five full-cohort meetings from 5:30pm–8:00pm on Wednesdays, some of which occur in-person at the museum and others which occur online via Zoom.
- Sept 20, 2023 (in-person)
- Nov 15, 2023 (virtual)
- Jan 24, 2024 (virtual)
- March 20, 2024 (virtual)
- May 22, 2024 (in-person)
- Must be available for free, one-hour pilot workshops either virtually, in their classroom, or at the museum 1-4 times a year.
- One-year commitment, through the entirety of the school year.
- Our meetings happen both in-person and virtually to allow for greater accessibility.