MoPOP Teacher Advisory Board
MoPOP’s Teacher Advisory Board helps us develop programs that meet the complex needs of modern classrooms. The Board tests new programming, receives free workshops, and shapes our curricula both in the museum and out at schools.
Applications for the 2019-2020 Teacher Advisory Board will open in May 2019! Stay tuned.
For any questions, contact NatashaR@MoPOP.org
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN OUR BOARD
- Engaged in and excited about arts education
- Seeking new opportunities for your students
- Have experience with MoPOP or interest in pop culture
- Have the time to commit to meetings and both museum and classroom experiences
- Reflect the diversity of our student populations in regard to race, gender, geography, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Free Admission to our Educator Open House on June 21st
- Free pilot workshops in your classroom
- Free pilot workshops at the museum
- Free MoPOP Educator Membership, which includes increased access to exhibits, discounted fees for in-museum programs, and free participation in our professional development workshops
- $250 stipend
- Must be a classroom teacher in a K-12 school within King County
- Must be available for full-cohort meetings up to 4 times a year through May 2020
- Must be available for free, one-hour pilot workshops in their classroom or at the museum 1-4 times a year
- One-year commitment, for the 2019-2020 school year.