Sr. Marketing Manager
26.11 per hour
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
MoPOP’s Production Coordinator is responsible for driving the marketing team’s operational efficiency to execute marketing campaigns and ad-hoc asset development. This includes creating production timelines, assigning tasks to others through a project management platform, updating systems and processes and communication with other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience with project management work, preferably in a marketing capacity, keen attention to detail, organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, a solution-oriented work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
Essential Job Duties (other duties as assigned)
- Manage all aspects of production for marketing campaigns and other assets, with the support of a Sr. Marketing Manager, from the time a request of the Marketing team is submitted to the platform and ensuring tasks are completed on time, so the campaign launches on schedule, including managing dependencies between channel owners and communicating schedules and timelines.
- Act as liaison between marketing and internal stakeholders of other teams, including reviewing marketing requests to identify any gaps in information and seek the necessary answers and follow up with approvals as needed.
- Manage a daily and weekly production schedule of deliverables across all marketing channels, including copy, design, email, web, social, and print, be able to identify and prioritize new projects in context of the existing production queue, available resources, and timing requirements.
- Collaborate with Sr. Marketing Manager on updating any marketing processes and systems as needed.
- Manage vendors for all print and creative needs, including securing quotes, fulfillment, and invoicing alongside the finance team.
- Facilitate periodic training to new hires and current staff on the project management platform.
- Support the Sr. Marketing Manager with other duties as needed, including possible in-person support for events and activations.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
Desired Qualifications (Education/Experience/Certifications)
- Proven experience in project management, in an administrative or operational capacity; marketing project management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated project management, organizational skills and excellent execution and follow-through.
- Process oriented: identifying areas of opportunity, implement standardized systems and processes to solve problems and increase efficiency.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization to gain clarity on goals, manage expectations, and collaborate on long-term initiatives and special projects.
- A customer-first mindset when approaching projects and campaigns (internal and external customers).
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, CRM systems and project management platforms.
- Ability to navigate diverse communication styles and engage diverse audiences.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to assess different scenarios and challenges critically and holistically, and efficiently problem-solve.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package which will be shared during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request. Please contact jobs@MoPOP.org.