Marketing Project Manager
Director, Marketing + Revenue
75,004.80 - 80,017.60
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
MoPOP’s Marketing Project Manager will lead and oversee marketing projects from the initial brainstorming phase, through implementation and on to debriefing/reporting. Collaborating with marketing leadership, designers, copywriters, marketing channel owners, you will manage projects for the Marketing team including marketing campaigns, creative studio production, print and digital deliverables. This role may also support the development of processes and best practices from conception through delivery. You will be tasked to resolve unknowns, remove roadblocks, create solutions, and inform leaders of red flags so that the team can complete all assigned work on time, on budget, and with minimal churn. The Marketing Project Manager will have experience with project management work, a keen attention to detail, organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, a solution-oriented work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
Essential Job Duties (additional duties as assigned)
- Manage all aspects of production for marketing campaigns and other assets, with the support of the Marketing Director, from the time a request is submitted to the platform through completion, and ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Work cross-functionally to develop, implement, and manage project scoping, planning/scheduling of all resources, and ownership of project timelines.
- Proactively communicating project status, including key milestones, deadlines, risks, and deliverable date changes.
- Facilitate the project and estimation efforts to ensure teams understand requirements and have produced a work plan that accounts for known risks and mitigates unknown issues.
- Manage assigned resources, cross-functional team communication, and weekly stand-ups for progress between brand, creative, social, automation, website, and other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead functional and strategic discussions to drive successful outcomes.
- Communicate and track scope or milestone changes early and clearly to stakeholders to ensure buy-in throughout the organization.
- Identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks in workflow and keep leadership informed of all issues with deadlines.
- Continuously evaluating ways of working, project management processes, resource allocation, quality of deliverables, technical issues or other constraints and proposing solutions.
- Foster a collaborative environment reinforcing transparency, quality, and continuous learning.
- Manage vendors for all print and creative needs, including securing quotes, fulfillment, and invoicing alongside the finance team.
- Facilitate periodic training for new hires and current staff on the project management platform.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
- Proven experience in project management, in an administrative or operational capacity; marketing project management experience a plus.
- PMP certification preferred.
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management, organizational skills and excellent execution and follow-through.
- Process oriented: identifying areas of opportunity, implementing standardized systems and processes to solve problems and increase efficiency.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization to gain clarity on goals, manage expectations, and collaborate on long-term initiatives and special projects.
- A customer-first mindset when approaching projects and campaigns (internal and external customers).
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, CRM systems and project management platforms.
- Ability to navigate diverse communication styles and engage diverse audiences.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to assess different scenarios and challenges critically and holistically, and efficiently problem-solve.
This regular full-time position includes Medical/Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 3.08 hours of accrued Vacation per bi-weekly pay period, Seattle Sick/Safe, 2-7 Floating Holidays dependent on hire date, 8 Company Holidays paid throughout the year, EAP, 401k plan with vested match schedule once eligible, and subsidized transportation benefits for Orca Pass or parking.
Please email jobs@MoPOP.org if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or hiring process.