The Museum of Pop Culture employees over 150 full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff. Since our name change in late 2016, we have been working to shape various elements of organizational culture.
The Human Resources Intern will work with MoPOP employees and leaders to shape the organizational culture with an emphasis on employee engagement. The intern will also be exposed to MoPOP’s recruitment and onboarding processes, payroll and benefits, and much more! At the internship’s conclusion, the intern will have gained tangible Human Resources experiences; including the development and implementation of an interactive online employee directory and a job shadow program that furthers employee engagement.
Reports To: Angie Pechal, HR Director
Position Start Date: June 2019
Position End Date: Mid-August 2019
Time Commitment: 12-15 hours a week
- Research employee engagement trends and best practices
- Design and implement an online Employee Yearbook, a centralized place where employees can share a bit about their pop culture interests
- Assist with the implementation of the Museum Job Shadow experience, allowing employees the opportunity to learn various jobs/roles tied to the museum setting
- Provide general administrative support to the HR department and Human Resources Director
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop high-level administrative skills associated with recruiting and onboarding new staff while organizational culture is still being shaped.
- Strengthen communication skills with Human Resources, MoPOP staff and leaders.
- Develop project management skills, while sharing updates with key stakeholders.
- Develop analytical skills which help an organization interpret data and consider possible actions/next steps.
- Gain insights of Human Resources Department providing support to a dynamic/ever evolving organization.
- Current college or graduate student ideally pursuing a degree with an interest in Human Resources
- Strong computer skills with attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for working with others to accomplish a goal/task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Track record of working well in a team environment
- Courteous professional manner
- Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title “Human Resources Intern."
Museum of Pop Culture
The Mission of MoPOP is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.