Help Desk Support Technician
Manager, Information Technology
26.11 per hour
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
As an integral member of MoPOP’s IT Operations team, the Help Desk Support Technician is responsible for incident management, fulfilling service requests, and coordinating user communication. Services include end user support for all MoPOP departments; hardware, build, and configuration support for all user workstations, POS terminals, and other network attached PC based systems; and ensuring user and visitor satisfaction for all IT Operations. MoPOP is primarily a Microsoft Windows based organization.
Essential Job Duties (other duties as assigned)
- End User Support & Incident Management
- Document, track, and dispatch service and support requests.
- Provide first tier technical support for desktop and laptop users.
- Deploy, support, track, and maintain end user and museum hardware, including Point-Of-Sale equipment and peripherals.
- Provide introductory training for standard applications, login process, phone/voice mail systems, and network file systems.
- Application and System Support
- Load and deploy standardized workstation images to computers using MDT, InTune or equivalent.
- Perform hardware upgrades and repairs on PC and Macintosh systems.
- Deploy standard applications to corporate desktops and laptops.
- Deploy or transition staff from older desktop machine to laptops promoting a hybrid WFH environment.
- General Help Desk Responsibilities
- Use our helpdesk ticketing software LanSweeper to track and respond to help tickets.
- Ensure incident, configuration, and asset management systems are updated with accurate information.
- Serve as Help Desk’s first and primary point of contact for internal and external customers, assessing issue, and resolving or elevating as needed.
- Provide critical system monitoring on museum interactive exhibits and servers and be proactive to resolving abnormalities.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Track IT hardware inventory and be responsible for ordering hardware in collaboration with the IT manager.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
- Primary focus of the position is to support “Back of House“ operations with limited focus on museum exhibitions.
- Passion for and genuine interest in IT.
- Advanced understanding of Windows 10 OS.
- Fundamental understanding of Active Directory administration and a general understanding of how to add/remove users along with a general understanding of Active Directory security group.
- Fundamental knowledge of Mac OS.
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows Server 2019.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment, including computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and a basic understanding of printers.
- Ability to support remote workers with Help Desk requests using programs like TeamViewer, PDQ, Teams, and RDS.
- Experience administering endpoint management software platforms and desktop provisioning technologies such as PXE, JAMF, PDQ, as well as M365 Exchange Online
- Self-starter able to work with minimal direction and can be personal accountability for project timelines and milestones.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to identify potential changes and system improvements to present to team leaders for consideration and implementation.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately 2,000ft between our administrative building and Museum space as needed to support our museum staff.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package which will be shared during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request. Please contact jobs@MoPOP.org.