Marketing Graphic Designer
Senior Manager, Communication + Brand
Marketing + Sales
Does not supervise staff
55k – 58k
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
MoPOP is seeking a Marketing Graphic Designer to create innovative print and digital assets that push creative boundaries in support of all aspects of the museum including marketing and advertising campaigns, print collateral, website and social media, the MoPOP app, and in-museum assets.
The ideal candidate is a versatile designer with a talent for creating customer experiences and visual interactions that engage audiences with compelling creative. They must understand the intersections of design, UX/UI, content, advertising, and print production.
The Graphic Designer will work as an integral part of the Marketing + Sales team and interface collaboratively with departments across the organization.
Job Functions (other duties assigned)
- Produce creative assets that support a variety of marketing campaigns, advertising, merchandising, print collateral, and content (website, email, social media, etc.).
- Conceive of and produce work that reflects the innovation and creativity we showcase at the museum.
- Understand diverse audiences and produce creative that speaks to them.
- Serve as a brand steward to ensure brand standards are deployed properly across all touchpoints with hawk-eye precision, and coach fellow staff on proper brand usage.
- Integrate lessons from data and analytics into design work.
- Follow creative process guidelines and track work with project management tools and contribute to process improvements.
- Collaborate on and execute creative briefs along with internal team and various departments and stakeholders.
- Present and sell creative strategies/concepts while integrating feedback from stakeholders.
- Multitask and juggle multiple projects with various objectives, timelines, and creative.
- Support print and digital production as needed.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the Marketing + Sales team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts marketing and advertising, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the Marketing + Sales department.
- 3-5+ years of digital and print design experience, preferably with an emphasis on asset production.
- A creative design eye that understands design trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and work experience.
- High-level skills in using design software, including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- HTML and CSS skills a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines and being able to work under tight timelines.
- Experience producing multimedia digital advertising.
- Experience designing and producing print collateral and advertising (posters, billboards, etc).
- Ability to balance being part of a team while taking responsibility for driving projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing is a plus.
- Being a fan of all things pop-culture preferred (we’d love to hear about your passions!).
- To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that we will share during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.