As part of the franchise’s 50th anniversary celebrations, Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds presents the phenomenon, its enduring impact on our culture, and how Star Trek has inspired people to imagine, explore, and create.
Discover the beloved series all over again in this fully immersive exhibit, featuring more than 100 artifacts and props from the five Star Trek television series, spin-offs, and films, including set pieces from the original series like the navigation console (on display for the first time to the public); Kirk, Spock, Uhura, and McCoy original series costumes; and the 6-foot U.S.S. Enterprise filming model from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Available October 2019 and beyond.
3D Exhibition Walk-through
Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds is a fully immersive exhibition that showcases Star Trek’s significant impact on culture, society, arts, sports, technology, and fashion.
- Set pieces from Star Trek: The Original Series including the navigation control panel and a Captain Kirk’s command chair replica
- More than 100 props and artifacts from all six Star Trek television series and many of the films will be featured. Key artifacts will include original series tricorder, communicator, and phaser, a Borg cube, Klingon disruptor pistol, tribbles and more
- Rare costumes including Spock’s tunic worn by Leonard Nimoy, Lt. Uhura’s (Nichelle Nichols) dress, Khan’s (Ricardo Montalban) open-chest tunic, Captain Picard’s (Patrick Stewart) costume, a Borg costume, the alien Gorn and more
- Transporter simulator in which visitors are invited to create a film that shows them being beamed to another location
- KHAAAAN! video booth where visitors can recreate the memorable scene from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Original scripts, concept art, storyboards, and production drawings
- Spaceship filming models of the Enterprise, USS Excelsior, Romulan Warbird, Klingon Cruiser, and Deep Space Nine space station
- Showcase of Star Trek’s impact on culture, society, arts, sports, technology and fashion
- 22 Costumes with mannequins
- Scripts/production documents/storyboards
- Five interpretive films
- Interviews with creators, actors and experts
- Behind-the-scenes footage
Casework, Graphics and AV equipment are included in the exhibition.
- Kids 8 and up
- Star Trek and science fiction fans
Venue: 5,000-7,000 square feet; 12-14 weeks
Availability: October 2019 and beyond
- Marketing and promotional templates
- Educational materials (Exhibit Guide & Workshops)
- Audio tour (Museums provide delivery system)
- Large print guide
Organization and Contact
Museum of POP Culture (formerly EMP Museum)
Thank you to our hotel partners:
TM & © 2018 CBS Studios Inc. © 2018 Paramount Pictures Corp. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.