2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the legendary Woodstock Music Festival. Join MoPOP in honoring this pivotal moment in rock history with Pop+ Woodstock — a day of celebratory activities, museum access, and more.
On Sunday, August 18, visit the museum for:
• Free access to Sky Church during museum hours
• Curated video blocks in Sky Church highlighting the artists of Woodstock, featuring oral histories, music performances, and more
• A liquid light show in JBL Theater, featuring music from Woodstock performers and classic oil-based light show visuals on the big screen
• Collections highlights selected specifically for POP+ Woodstock, including an outfit worn by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock, his Fender Stratocaster, and ephemera from the festival
• Flower Power art activity with designer Claudia Villalobos
• A GIF booth photo op in Sky Church with a large-scale replica of the Woodstock logo
• A Matinée at MoPOP screening of Hendrix at Woodstock at 2:00pm (free with RSVP), where we’ll lay out the turf that we use for Campout Cinema screenings to replicate that festival feeling!
• Percussion jam with Seattle Hand Drummers on the plaza from 12:00pm–4:00pm, presented by First Tech
• A photo op on the plaza with VW bus provided by Peace Vans