MANAGER, EVENT OPERATIONS
DOES NOT SUPERVISE STAFF
The Event Manager effectively manages all logistics for internal programming and external clients to create high quality events at MOPOP. This includes comprehensive administrative functions and effective coordination with partner departments, contract partners and vendors to ensure successful execution of all events. This role supports all activities planned, with all levels of complexity, within the iconic Gehry-designed museum building. This is a high-volume environment where work productivity, process efficiency and effective communication skills are a must.
This role is a temporary position projected to last 2-3 months. There may be opportunities for this role to continue on in a contingent basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Manage successful event execution through the supervision of all responsibilities relevant to event production for both internal and external clients with events of all sizes.
- Expertly manage large capacity and high complexity events.
- Provides team leadership to coordinate large events with support of the team with highly coordinated project delegation.
- Maintain high quality service and execution standards including proper professional image when working with clients and staff.
- Ensure an effective, cost-efficient operation by assisting with coordination of internal team resources that support events.
- Participate and/or conduct planning, client, staff, post event and operational meetings, as required, to ensure professional coordination of production events and activities for all programs and departments.
- Control and monitor the customer contact aspect of event production, planning facility operations, outside contractor services and related responsibilities as required.
- Participate in site visits and ongoing communication with client to develop planning that most closely meets the needs of the contracted event.
- Produce detailed ESO for each event, both internal and external.
- Coordinate with peers, other departments and clients to prioritize questions, concerns and/or resolve operations issues.
- Collaborate with Event Sales team and other internal partners to ensure that all event files have an executed contract, payment of deposit and proof of insurance prior to event date.
- Monitor events in progress to ensure compliance with regulations, contracts, timely event services, staffing levels, building security, guest safety and client satisfaction.
- Submit post event reports in a timely manner, confirming that each document provides comprehensive details about each important aspect of the event.
- Respond to emergency situations by determining and implementing appropriate response with the support of MoPOP Security staff.
- Process contracts, closed event files, payments, etc. in a timely manner.
- Seek opportunities to drive revenue initiatives as appropriate.
- B.A. in Business Administration or related field; 5+ years of experience in event planning, coordination and production, preferably in the arts, entertainment, or hospitality fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as determined by business volume.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work on a regular basis with a variety of different contacts at MoPOP and with clients, vendors, and the general public in order to coordinate work activities and exchange information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, prior use of EventPro or other CRM software a plus
- Proficient in the use of Visio
- Proven ability to provide effective customer service for internal and external client groups.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Apply For This Position