Education + Programs Internship (Unpaid)
Sarah Beard, Programs Associate
POSITION START DATE
POSITION END DATE
12-15 hours per week
The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle seeks an unpaid intern to focus on our Science Fiction and Fantasy Short Film Program beginning July, 2018. Our annual juried festival showcases genre-driven cinematic art from around the globe. The festival is typically in the Winter, though planning starts well in advance. The intern will work collaboratively within the Education + Programs department and commit 12-15 hours per week. Ideal candidates would have an interest in film and strong communication and organization skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Research, data entry, and analysis associated with the SFFSFF submission and artist outreach program
- Processing internal paperwork for filmmaker submissions
- Acting as the liaison between partner organizations and contacts in the film world
- Preparing program materials and supplies
- Organizing, cataloguing, and archiving communications between film organizations, filmmakers, community organizations, and other outreach contacts
The intern will learn about the processes and resources involved in developing and producing a collaborative museum program. He/she/they will meet and work with various museum staff, as well as have the opportunity to engage members of the filmmaking community, locally, nationally, and internationally.
This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in non-profit public programming, event development and planning, and film. Interns will acquire hands on experience and get an inside view of museum public programs. The intern will also have the opportunity to attend or participate in departmental, project team, and all-staff meetings, as well as museum events.
- Current college or graduate student pursuing museology, music, film, non-profit administration, education, humanities, arts administration, or related field
- Demonstrated interest in film and pop culture
- Comfortable with MS Office Applications
- Some evening and weekend events may be required
- Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Courteous professional manner
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Education + Programs Internship."