Education Programs Coordinator
Manager of Museum Education
Education + Programs
Does not supervise staff
The Education Programs Coordinator supports the coordination and implementation of MoPOP’s education programs related to school group visits to the museum, school-based outreach programs, management and dissemination of scholarships, and communication and marketing efforts to expand our reach to educators and to the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Processing and tracking all school registration data and providing administrative support for education programs as needed. Administrative support may include but is not limited to: receiving and processing email and phone inquiries from educators, inputting group visit and/or registration; processing group payments and scholarships; reporting on group visit statistics; and preparing and distributing evaluation forms.
- Maintaining scheduling calendar for in-museum workshop and outreach programs, creating staffing schedules for museum educators, and coordinating dates for educational marketing assets.
- Crafts text for educational content, email communication to educators and program participants, and education-related newsletters and print pieces.
- Assist with set up procedures, organization, and upkeep of classroom spaces and education supplies.
- Coordinate with museum events department and visitor services to ensure accurate and timely onsite set up for education programs.
- For the mobile outreach program, processing and tracking all school registration data and providing administrative support as needed including responding to inquiries, preparing confirmation messages, processing group payments, preparing reports, supporting set-up and upkeep of program materials.
- Support museum education programs by learning curriculum, teaching in-museum workshops, facilitating group experiences in museum galleries, and providing support during museum educational programs such as Homeschool Days, Teacher PDs, and exhibit openings.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATIONS)
- BA in education field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years related work experience education/museum related, administration, customer service
- Prior administrative experience desired
- Strong MS Office skills, especially in Word and Excel,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge or experience working in informal education environments (youth programs, camps, YMCA, museums, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with deadlines, able to provide effective customer service for internal and external clients
- High level organizational skill and a strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects, changing priorities and deadlines
Hourly, $15.75-$16.40 per hour, based on experience, with benefits
Apply For This Position ▸