MoPOP’s Education + Programs department creates engaging experiences for students, teachers, community groups, and general visitors. Specifically, this internship will support the department’s efforts in working with visitors who speak languages other than English through the creation of materials in a variety of languages. The intern will gain valuable experience in working in a museum’s education department, exploring techniques and strategies for engaging visitors in informal education, and managing projects.
Reports To: Jason Porter, Director of Education + Programs
Position Start Date: early June, 2019 (schedule TBD)
Position End Date: August, 2019
Time Commitment: 9-12 hours a week, some weekend days based on programs may be required. This is a scalable project and there may be opportunity for extending internship to a second quarter.
- Learn content and layout of a variety of MoPOP exhibits
- Research and development for multi-language exhibition guides (to be used as printouts or as part of the MoPOP mobile app)
- Coordinating translation services for exhibition guides; coordinating design with members of the Marketing team
- Time-permitting, piloting and testing of guides
- Other duties as assigned
- Learn about informal / museum education
- Career exploration in multiple departments in the museum
- Experience with curriculum development, visitor experience, evaluation, and volunteers
- Current college or graduate student pursuing degree in relevant coursework (humanities, museum studies, art, education, etc.)
- Passion for museum visitor experience
- Interest in or experience with translation or accessibility
- Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title “Education Internship."
Museum of Pop Culture
The Mission of MoPOP is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.