Content + Social Media Manager
Content + Social Media Manager
Sr. Manager, Marketing
66,455.22 annual salary
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
The Content + Social Media Manager leads the management of MoPOP’s content initiatives across social media, blog, email, and content hubs.
The ideal candidate will have deep nerd knowledge and passion for all things pop culture, along with growth-hacking as part of their DNA. They will help the organization entertain, inspire, and connect audiences to MoPOP’s brand and mission through the creation of standout digital content. They will leverage pop culture (old and new) and current events to produce relevant content that drives engagement and cultivates community. With the content marketing space continuously evolving, the ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to explore new and emerging social media tools while staying on top of best practices for more “traditional” platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn.
Essential Job Functions (other duties as assigned)
- Generate and produce written, photo, video and/or audio storytelling ideas to entertain, inspire, and connect audiences to MoPOP’s brand and mission, while centering DEIA perspectives in content creation.
- Develop content strategy for cross-organizational marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution with a focus on continuous testing, in collaboration with the Creative Studio, video team, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of social media platforms, including outbound posts, 1:1 engagements, and direct message communication.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and tracking of KPIs across all content marketing efforts, while considering both short-term and long-term goals for MoPOP’s digital audiences and sharing out status updates with internal teams.
- Ongoing management of assigned areas of MoPOP’s content calendar, blog, website, and mobile app.
- Help identify and contribute to content marketing opportunities for internal departments, as well as with community partner organizations and social media influencers.
- Stay on top of industry trends, conferences, best practices, and news and share out information back to key stakeholders.
- Represent MoPOP as a pop culture subject matter expert.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience/Certifications)
- 3+ years of content marketing experience, with an emphasis on social media management and editorial production (written, photo, video, and/or audio storytelling).
- Excellent cross-organizational communication and collaboration skills with ability to balance priorities among multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of social media platforms and how they can be used as effective marketing and communication tools.
- Basic understanding of photography, video production, and graphic design.
- Familiarity with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Tradable Bits)
- Familiarity with website content management systems, including Umbraco, a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Wrike, a plus.
- A passion for and interest in pop culture, including a willingness to learn, discover, and explore unfamiliar pop culture content.
- Ability to navigate diverse communication styles and engage diverse audiences.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to assess different scenarios and challenges critically and holistically, and efficiently problem-solve.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization to drive clarity on goals, long-term initiatives, and special projects
This regular full-time position includes Medical/Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 3.08 hours of accrued Vacation per bi-weekly pay period, Seattle Sick/Safe, 2-7 Floating Holidays dependent on hire date, 8 Company Holidays paid throughout the year, EAP, 401k plan with vested match schedule once eligible, and subsidized transportation benefits for Orca Pass or parking.
Please email jobs@MoPOP.org if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or hiring process.