Backend Web Administrator
Backend Web Administrator
Sr. Manager, Information Technology
Does not supervise staff
Required in office: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and work from home at staff discretion Mondays and Fridays. Subject to change.
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
The Backend Web Administrator is responsible for planning and executing primary and supporting tasks for our public-facing websites and maintaining our internet presence by managing our DNS, ICANN, and Certificate registration. This position supports internal processes like ticketing, SharePoint, exhibits when needed, and internal systems. We maintain both our main website, (MoPOP.org), which the public visits to purchase tickets, visit online collections, research exhibits, and access community programs as various subsites. This role requires coordinating and ensuring the smooth implementation of site or system changes to various ongoing programs at the museum and administering daily operations within the IT/Technology departments. This position works collaboratively with other departments to contribute expertise and technical insight for both publicly facing exhibits and internal projects. As part of the IT team, some evening and weekend work are required with major systems maintenance and troubleshooting.
At the core of the IT team’s work, we strive to put the following ideals front and center:
- Being innovative is a priority.
- Supporting our coworkers.
- Furthering the mission of MoPOP as it applies to Information Technology.
- Teamwork makes the dream work.
Essential Job Duties (other duties as assigned)
- Support custom website enhancements as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for software functionality and administration.
- Maintain main site and subsite hosting agreements.
- Maintain internet certificates, DNS records, and ICANN registrations.
- Improve and maintain internal web service.
- Help maintain Azure environments including integrated web applications.
- Provide tiered support to colleagues requesting service on web products.
- Maintain and improve company SharePoint host sites (cross-department work).
- Collaborate with IT team on integrative systems to ensure optimal functionality.
- Develop project plans which may include other both IT staff and staff from other departments and execute the project as the leader when appropriate.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
- Ability to work independently with keen analytical and problem-solving skills.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in working with enterprise websites and infrastructures.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Node.js, HTML, PHP, SQL, Java Script, .NET, C#.
- At least three (3) years’ experience with e-commerce platforms.
- At least (2) years’ experience with API services with Tokens.
- Proficiency with REST, SOAP APIs and IAM integrations.
- Demonstrated experience with: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, Windows Server IIS, Microsoft SharePoint (Microsoft 365 cloud hosted), Windows Desktop OS 10 and higher.
- Excellent documentation and communications skills with the ability to simplify technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Working knowledge of the Cloud environments like Azure and AWS.
- Experience contracting and overseeing contractors.
- Ability to work with Adobe software and graphics is a plus. Demonstrated technical support of a SQL power user.
- Ability to create and maintain assigned project plans.
- Experience juggling multiple projects and effectively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
This regular full-time position includes Medical/Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 3.08 hours of accrued Vacation per bi-weekly pay period, Seattle Sick/Safe, 2-7 Floating Holidays dependent on hire date, 8 Company Holidays paid throughout the year, EAP, 401k plan with vested match schedule once eligible, and subsidized transportation benefits for Orca Pass or parking.
Please email jobs@MoPOP.org if you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or hiring process.