Museum of Pop Culture seeks an intern with an interest in fundraising to join the Advancement team. Through this two-quarter internship, the intern will be exposed to two distinct components of the advancement world. In the fall, the intern will focus on supporting the execution of the annual Founders Award annual gala. In the winter, the intern will focus on prospect research. The intern will gain core hands-on fundraising skills, while strengthening their resume and portfolio.
The ideal candidate should have an interest in fundraising, CRM/database entry, and the nonprofit or museum sector.
Reports To: Kim Goldberg, Annual Fund Manager
Position Start Date: Early October 2019
Position End Date: March 2019 (flexible)
Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 hours per week, with occasional weekend/evenings depending on donor event schedule
- Fall Quarter: Assist with execution of fundraising and cultivation events, namely the Founders Award annual gala
- Winter Quarter: Fundraising prospect research and creation of new donor profiles and maintenance for current profiles. Includes some data gathering for grants and development communications
- Other duties as assigned
- Achieve valuable nonprofit experience in a professional office environment
- Garner fundraising specific experience, including donor relations, prospect management and tracking, event strategies, grant research and more
- Mentorship from fundraising professionals with decades of experience in local nonprofit organizations
- The internship will also provide the opportunity to participate in arts and culture focused events
- Gain insight into the inner workings of a world-class museum
- Current college or graduate student; will not be required to have fundraising experience, but must have a general interest in fundraising
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Self-starter comfortable working independently
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and flexibility
- Must be able to handle sensitive information with discretion
- CRM experience strongly preferred
- Ability to commit to a two-quarter-long internship
- Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Advancement Internship."
Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) Mission
The Museum of Pop Culture's mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.