Director of Advancement
The Advancement team at MoPOP works hard to engage the public and advance MoPOP’s mission of making creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. The Advancement Coordinator is integral to the efficiency of the Advancement team and their success. The Advancement Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day needs of supporting the Advancement team, particularly in the three areas of data collection and management, event support, and administrative tasks. This person should be skilled in data management and reporting, segmenting/extracting complex lists, be highly organized and detail-oriented, and have a passion for pop culture and desire to help deepen MoPOP’s impact within our community and beyond.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Manage the current CRM including gift entry, list management, and report creation, maintain accurate constituent reports, ensure overall data integrity as well as act as the CRM expert on the Development team
- Manage the donor acknowledgment process for all gifts as part of the overall stewardship plan; including gift processing and donor acknowledgment
- Schedule and coordinate internal department meetings as well as manage the organization and cleanliness of electronic folders and inventory cabinets
- Assist team members with administrative tasks related to their daily work, such as mailings, reports, data, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Submit department invoices to generate purchase orders and track department expenses
- Manage and maintain employee giving and matching gift company portals
- Provide support to Fundraising Event Manager as needed with audience development activities, sponsorship recognition and implementation, and other event logistics, including RSVP tracking, volunteer management, thank you letters, etc…
- Assist in coordinating fundraising and stewardship Development events, in conjunction with internal teams
- Provide support for other stewardship activities in collaboration with other Development team members
- Support the Annual Fund Manager as needed with audience development and segmentation strategies, donor receipting and member fulfillment, renewal tracking and reporting, etc.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATIONS)
- 2+ years’ experience preferred
- Experience with Tessitura CRM system and other computer-based information systems such as Greater Giving preferred.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and efficiently solve problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a relentless drive towards actionable results.
- Lead with an innovative mindset and be willing to test new ideas
- Ability to work and prioritize independently, while also working in collaboration with a team
- Able to remain composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organization commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner; proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated with events.
- Travel, including evening and weekend work may occur.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb ladders. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Apply For This Position ▸