Information Desk Volunteer
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
INFORMATION DESK VOLUNTEER (UNPAID)
Volunteer Program Staff
Must commit to a minimum of one shift every two weeks, one shift weekly is preferred. Shifts are 10:00am–1:00pm and 1:00pm–4:00pm. In addition there is a 4:00pm–7:00pm shift during the summer months. Shifts are available every day of the week.
Training will be provided
MoPOP's Information Desk Volunteers interact with the diverse visiting population of the museum. These volunteers should enjoy interacting with the public and be knowledgeable on MoPOP's many programs, changing exhibitions, and history. These volunteers are stationed at one of three information desks throughout the museum. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the guest experience while acting as a museum ambassador.
- Welcome guests and answer general MoPOP questions
- Provide general Seattle tourism information to guests
- Assist with coat check at main Info Desk location
- Report lost and found items to staff
- Assist with museum visitor rule enforcement
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills and comfort with guest interaction
- Welcoming personality and enthusiasm for working with museum’s diverse visitors
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is a plus
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and flexibility should difficult situations arise
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
- Main info desk position requires ability to stand for up to three hours and lift coat check items
- Able to commit to at least six months and to volunteer a minimum of two shifts a month
- 16+ years old, and we are happy to support high school service hours
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and reference check