Data Squad Volunteer
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
Volunteer Program Staff
Must commit to two shifts monthly. Two-hour shifts are available 7-days a week.
A required training will be provided by Volunteer Program Staff
The Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) is looking for enthusiastic volunteers that enjoy interacting with the public. Volunteers will contribute to the guest experience by collecting visitor feedback on our exhibits and museum visit. Through surveying and interviewing, volunteers will have the chance to share valuable feedback to continually improve the museum experience. An aptitude or interest in audience research is desired.
- Approach guests for data collection (surveying or interviews)
- Carry out evaluation projects accurately and according to the direction and protocols established through training
- Establish rapport with a wide variety of guests while asking questions in a consistent manner
- Accurately reporting guest feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills and comfort with guest interaction
- Welcoming personality and enthusiasm for working with museum’s diverse visitors
- Fluency in languages in addition to English is a plus
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and flexibility should difficult situations arise
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
- Able to listen and transcribe spoken word with accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to commit to at least six-months and to volunteer a minimum of one shift a month
- 18+ years old
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and reference check