Volunteer Program Internship
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
Chelsea Rodriguez, Volunteer Program Manager
POSITION START DATE
POSITION END DATE
9-12 hours a week with availability for some evenings coinciding with volunteer events/programs
The Volunteer Program intern will spearhead new marketing and recruitment strategies. The intern will assess the Volunteer Program’s current recruitment efforts and then implement new strategies to better meet the organization’s growing needs. Additionally, the intern will be involved in volunteer interview facilitation and trainings. At the internship’s conclusion, the intern will have gained valuable volunteer communication, community-building, and recruitment skills, as well as strengthened their resume.
MoPOP’s 100+ volunteers perform many roles supporting the museum and guest experience. These roles include gallery interpretation, information desk assistance, public programs support, and more. Additionally, all volunteers are MoPOP ambassadors, sharing enthusiasm for the museum with their diverse networks. Continuing to add engaged volunteers to the MoPOP team is an important component of the Volunteer Program.
- Assess current volunteer recruitment efforts
- Develop and implement new recruitment strategies in conjunction with Volunteer Program staff
- Assist with volunteer interviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Strengthen written communication, recruitment, interpersonal, and customer service skills through diverse interactions with volunteers, Volunteer Program staff, and Visitor Services staff
- Develop volunteer community building and interview facilitation skills
- Demonstrate volunteer management and leadership skills
- Gain insight into the inner workings of MoPOP
- Current college or graduate student, ideally pursuing a degree in Museology, Nonprofit Administration, Arts Administration, or related field
- Strong computer skills with strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for working with volunteers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Track record of working well in a team environment
- Courteous professional manner
- Must be able to provide 3 references and pass a background check
Email a cover letter and resume to internships@MoPOP.org with the subject line "Volunteer Program Intern."