Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
DEPARTMENT: IT OPERATIONS
TITLE: SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Manager, Systems Engineering
The Systems Engineer works in conjunction with the IT Operations Team in the configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of networking and server infrastructure. This position shares responsibilities for the deployment, maintenance, and support of all physical and virtual server-based systems, with primary consideration to the management of the enterprise virtualized server infrastructure. An in-depth knowledge administering a multi-site Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment including Group Policy management is required. The position also requires practical experience administering Office 365, Exchange, and ADFS. A working knowledge maintaining Cisco Network equipment and skill with administration of an enterprise-wide centrally managed anti-virus system is necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Administer a multi-site physical and virtual server environment consisting of approximately 100 servers and 200 workstations
- Lead multi-site windows domain administration experience using Active Directory, Group Policy, and native resource management tools
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support for Office 365 including ADFS and Exchange
- Responsible for the daily system monitoring and management of shared resources and provide after-hours critical incident support as scheduled
- Manage the centralized enterprise antivirus system (TrendMicro)
- Provide backup and archiving services on required systems, track off-site media storage, and retrieval (Microsoft Data Protection Manager)
- Lead special projects as assigned, tracking to project timelines, milestones, and developing contingencies
- Author and maintain process and related documentation
- Regular/predictable attendance
- High proficiency managing virtual server resources (Microsoft Hyper-V preferred)
- Expert knowledge managing a Microsoft Windows Active Directory environment
- Experience with Office 365, Exchange, and PowerShell
- Lead antivirus, IDS, patch management, and/or other security administrative experience
- Working knowledge maintaining Cisco Network equipment: IOS, VLANs, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 2012 Server and applications platform. This includes multi-year experience managing IIS, Exchange, SQL, and other related applications
- Competitive candidates will possess a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical audiences.
- Build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues in a transparent and open environment
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service for internal and external client groups
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment
- Participates in, leads, or manages continuous change and improvement
- Experience with F5 BigIP, Cisco CallManager, SharePoint, and Equallogic a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered, and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines
- Minimum two years’ experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory & Group Policies
- Server virtualization administration
- Cisco IOS
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.