Supervisor Visitor Services
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
DEPARTMENT: VISITOR SERVICES
SUPERVISOR, VISITOR SERVICES
Manager, Visitor Services
Visitor Services Staff
Visitor Services Supervisor is responsible for all aspect of daily Museum Operations for managing, scheduling and facilitating visitor services staff while making the guest experience the priority.
This position requires greeting, assisting, and instructing visitors of Museum of Pop Culture, but also supporting guest interactive experiences and providing access control. Supervisor will manage the daily staff needs, business systems and procedures for the Visitor Services Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Management of Visitor Services staff including daily supervision of employees and ensuring they are providing a topnotch guest experience.
- Ensure appropriate scheduling and coverage for all events, reception desk, weekend box office and daily Museum operations involving Visitor Services department.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring highly qualified new Visitor Services Representatives.
- Supervise on boarding process and training systems of new hires to ensure high performance and assimilation with cultural values of institution.
- Administer incentive and recognition programs, daily team coaching and instruction, as well as bi‐annual
- Oversee timekeeping procedures and payroll authorization to ensure compliance with department and museum policies.
- Counsel and discipline employees, including written documentation and terminations.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of visitor service, engagement and safety throughout the institution.
- Demonstrate expertise in all ticketing system hardware and software components as well as effective CRM data management.
- Regulate department cash handling practices, process daily deposits; reconcile products and payments accurately.
- Use technology systems and resources to measure and track performance/results and streamline operations.
- Ensure department goals for sales and performance are achieved or exceeded.
- Actively support museum initiatives by integrating into daily team duties and socializing in positive manner with employees.
- Monitor organization and appearance of museum spaces by regulating signage, desktop collateral, stanchions, etc.
- Respond to building maintenance issues promptly.
- Oversee optimal guest flow within building including management of physical and virtual queueing systems, timed ticketing and access control.
- Take independent ownership of all issues that occur during shift, making certain that appropriate follow up, communication, and after‐action analysis occurs in acceptable timeframe.
- Recommend process improvement strategies for enhanced operations whenever possible.
- Demonstrate effective communication in verbal and written format with staff, colleagues and external customers.
- Work closely with Manager, Visitor Services to develop department goals, direction, strategies, and communication.
- Sustain effective cross‐departmental working relationships for optimal collaboration.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Produce timely reports and meeting minutes as discussed with Manager, Visitor Services.
- Work on VS projects as assigned by Manager, Visitor Services.
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of supervisorial experience in a customer service and/or guest relations environment, including experience in team management, motivation and instruction
- Must be able to effectively communicate directly with guests to address needs and concerns
- Ability to problem solve in a demanding, customer focused, fast‐paced high‐traffic environment
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff relating to crowds and high traffic areas
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Capability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even‐tempered and congenial
- Proven ability to provide effective customer service for internal and external client groups
- Must be detail‐oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi‐tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people
- A B.S./B.A. in Business Management, Hospitality, or related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.