Production Design Internship
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
PRODUCTION DESIGN INTERN
MoPOP Graphic Designer
POSITION START DATE
October 2017, or sooner
POSITION END DATE
9–20 hours per week; times are flexible
MoPOP is seeking an innovative and detail-oriented production design intern to join our award-winning Creative Studio team. The ideal candidate will possess both creative and technical skills and have a passion for pop culture.
They will collaborate with the marketing team to ensure the brand, designs, and value proposition are properly communicated across all touchpoints while pushing creative boundaries. Projects will include exhibit marketing campaigns, programs/workshop collateral, and general museum promotional assets.
This role will work on key high-profile print and digital projects that will make great additions to a professional portfolio.
- Provide graphic production support to the Creative Studio team
- Assemble all elements of production design and copy, including posters, brochures, and digital assets
- Create layouts and incorporate design into standardized templates
- Complete layout of production files including print and digital
- Develop, communicate, and maintain best practices for design process, workflow, and brand standards
- Maintain file management, optimization, and organization
- Contribute to creative brainstorming sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Hands-on experience producing high profile and creative projects
- Creative development of multi-channel projects
- Experience with the development and execution of marketing campaigns
- Current college or graduate student pursuing a career in design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, perfectionist approach to quality control
- Solid skills in typography, layout, and graphic design
- Motion graphics skills a plus
Email a cover letter and resume to internships@MoPOP.org with the subject line "Production Designer Intern."
MUSEUM OF POP CULTURE
MoPOP is a leading-edge nonprofit museum, dedicated to the ideas and risk-taking that fuel contemporary popular culture. With its roots in rock 'n' roll, MoPOP serves as a gateway museum, reaching multigenerational audiences through our collections, exhibitions, and educational programs, using interactive technologies to engage and empower our visitors. At MoPOP, artists, audiences and ideas converge, bringing understanding, interpretation, and scholarship to the popular culture of our time.