Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
DEPARTMENT: IT Operations
Director of Museum Operations
IT Manager position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management oversight and support of MoPOP’s technology operations team, helping to meet their stated goals while keeping them aligned with project goals & outcomes, on schedule and within budget. In addition, this position is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination. The ideal candidate has a proven track record managing technology teams, a creative thinker with eyes on the future of interactive technology, problem solver, mentor, learner, and a fantastic manager of people.
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of technology projects to ensure that our mission, vision and operational goals are accomplished, whilst keeping our non-profit institution on a path to financial sustainability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Analyze technology needs for functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss systems and equipment acquisitions.
- Recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
- Motivate and manage IT team members as needed.
- Negotiate and contract with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
- Consult with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Direct and coordinate activities of IT personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare project status reports and keep management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Create risk management strategies for ensuring business continuity, information security, and compliance with all necessary standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience; at least 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years of supervisory/management experience.
- Builds and maintains a strong sense of and for the mission and vision of the business.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and respond to changing business priorities and needs while building and maintaining a strong sense of community among the IT professionals.
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing scope/priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proven ability to provide effective customer service for internal and external client groups.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
Museum of POP CULTURE
The Museum of Pop Culture is a leading-edge, nonprofit museum, dedicated to the ideas and risk-taking that fuel contemporary popular culture. With its roots in rock 'n' roll, MoPOP serves as a gateway museum, reaching multigenerational audiences through our collections, exhibitions, and educational programs, using interactive technologies to engage and empower our visitors. At MoPOP, artists, audiences and ideas converge, bringing understanding, interpretation, and scholarship to the popular culture of our time.