CRM & Database Marketing Manager
Passionate about pop culture? We want you!
TITLE: CRM & Database Marketing Manager
Director of Marketing
MoPOP’s CRM and Database Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the growth of the institution by focusing on the multi-channel relationship with existing and new customer base to increase satisfaction, retention, and conversion. The ideal candidate loves digging into and analyzing data, is able to think strategically and tactically, has an eye for engaging messaging, has a relentless drive to maximize customer satisfaction, and a passion for MoPOP’s mission.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Other duties assigned):
- Design, develop, and execute customer lifecycle communications programs across multi-marketing channels, continuously aiming to foster positive sentiment, loyalty, and conversion.
- Own CRM and ESP systems and deployment strategies.
- Lead complex targeting and personalization strategies, utilizing informed data points to develop advanced segmentation decisions.
- Create and manage the customer retention plan, including messaging calendar, production, testing/optimization, audience selection, and analysis/key insights, for campaigns across email, push notifications, and other platforms.
- Set conversion and tactical goals, and own KPIs measurement and reporting.
- Collaborate with Sales/Memberships team to share knowledge of customer and create loyalty framework.
- Oversee email communications program, including standing coordination, production, and deployment of high quality, on-time campaigns in support of cross departmental initiatives.
- Develop and optimize triggered email programs and define business logic behind customization, campaign prioritization, frequency caps, etc.
- Define personalization and recommendations into email communications.
- Manage development, hypotheses and execution of email testing program, providing takeaways and recommendations to continually improve programming.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Content Managers to devise appropriate cross-channel efforts to drive customer acquisition and retention goals.
- Proactive manage customer database through lapsed programming to ensure overall health and integrity, quality of communications and deliverability.
- Develop POVs and proposals for new communication initiatives across email and CRM.
- Develop and maintain successful vendor deliverables, with continuous relationship management and capabilities assessment.
- Management of program budget and achievement of customer revenue targets.
- Proactive research and identification of opportunities to further drive revenue through customer campaigns and improve marketing efficiencies.
- Uncover untapped business opportunities through analysis of customer, marketing, and web data.
- Continuously aim for conversion of customers post first-touch, designing brand induction points across email communications.
- Stay informed on industry developments to influence the organizational way forward.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Strategy or related field
- 3+ years relevant experience in customer marketing, CRM, analytics or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience using an ESP, in-app messaging, SMS and push notifications
- Email marketing experience required
- Loyalty program management experience a plus
- Exceptional understanding of consumer behavior, trends and market analysis
- Cross-channel business acumen
- Demonstrated depth of communications strategy and segmentation decisions in an ecommerce environment
- Champion of customer-centric marketing; passion in leveraging data to achieve business outcomes
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Highly proficient email, web and customer analytics, and marketing technology (specifically campaign management and data management platforms)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Confident creative thinker and ability to think outside the box with ability to execute
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set and determined approach to achieve success