Contingent Security Officer
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
TITLE:CONTINGENT SECURITY OFFICER
The Contingent Security Officer position performs shift security operations for a multi-site security program at MoPOP to ensure adequate, effective coverage of security needs. This role must act as liaison with external contacts including museum patrons and event attendees, business vendors, contract staff, as well as local public safety-related entities. This role is responsible for upholding all department and Museum policies and standards for safety, security and visitor service. This position is needed on an on-call basis; Contingent Officers must be available evenings and weekends and fill a minimum of three 8-hour shifts (or a minimum of 24 hours) per quarter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTUES AS ASSIGNED)
- Perform shift security operations for the MoPOP facilities.
- Monitor security systems and building controls; dispatch information to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor C-Cure, Oasis and CCTV surveillance systems, building automation systems and/or security and fire alarm controls; perform rounds, secure areas, and provide directional information to guests of the museum.
- Perform rounds, secure areas, and provide directional information to guests.
- Provide event security services for rentals, internal, and external special events.
- Write incident, accident, and unusual occurrence reports.
- Track departmental activities as directed to chart trends.
- Make security observations and recommendations to department Leads, Supervisors and/or the Manager.
- Interact with other MoPOP departments in the routine course of security activities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in addressing a diverse array of visitors, event clients, and other internal and external customers.
- Able to assume high levels of responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
- Available to work shifts as stipulated in position summary; reliable attendance and punctuality required.
- Other duties as assigned by a Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- Regular/predictable attendance based on the on-call requirements)
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of security experience in a public, interactive setting, including experience in facility, crowd control and event security.
- One year of customer service experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.