Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
COLLECTIONS/curatorial INTERN (UNPAID)
Brooks Peck, Curator
POSITION START DATE
9-12 hours a week
MoPOP is seeking an intern to help catalog all elements of the Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds exhibition to create a complete record of every piece of the show including objects, casework, graphics, and interactives. The intern will organize this material, create both digital and physical archives, and photograph all exhibition elements.
- Create spreadsheets of exhibition elements
- Digitally photograph materials
- Create an index and finding-aid of exhibition elements
- Other duties as assigned
- Become familiar with every aspect of an exhibition, and learn about all the components that go into its creation
- Gain experience in cataloging, digital photography, and finding-aid creation
- Current college or graduate student ideally pursuing Museum Studies or Library Science coursework or career
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the MoPOP mission
- Comfortable working independently
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-starter
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Able to think and problem-solve creatively
- Able to commit to 9-12 hours a week preferred; some flexibility regarding terms and hours
- Being a Star Trek fan isn’t required, but would make the internship more enjoyable
Email a cover letter and resume to internships@MoPOP.org with the subject line "Collections/Curatorial Intern."