Annual Fund and Event Coordinator
Passionate about pop culture? We want you!
TITLE: Annual Fund and Event Coordinator
The Annual Fund and Event Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day needs of the Development team, including coordinating our annual giving program, maintaining accurate information in our CRM, managing donor acknowledgments, helping to coordinate events, and other tasks as needed. This position is integral to the efficiency of the team and supporting MoPOP’s vision to deepen our impact within our community and beyond.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Work with the Development team to assist in implementation of the annual giving program, including managing a timely renewal process
- Manage the current CRM including gift entry, list management and report creation, maintain accurate constituent reports, ensure overall data integrity
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process for all gifts as part of the overall stewardship plan; including gift processing and donor acknowledgement
- Assist Grants Manager and Development Manager in coordination of donor projects including newsletter, record keeping, direct mail campaign, web and email solicitation
- Schedule and coordinate internal department meetings
- Submit department invoices to generate purchase orders and track department expenses
- Manage and maintain employee giving and matching gift company portals
- Provide support to Development Manager including track event RSVPs, manage and execute guest registration, manage event volunteers, manage in-kind revenue, enter and ensure the integrity of all event data in the CRM, and lead follow-up activities including thank you letters, data entry, invoices and payment processing.
- Assist in coordinating fundraising and stewardship Development events, in conjunction with internal teams
- Provide support for other stewardship activities in collaboration with other Development team members
- Support the Development Manager as needed with audience development activities, sponsorship recognition and implementation, and other event logistics
- 2+ years experience preferred
- Experience with CRM systems (including Tessitura and/or Salesforce) and other computer-based information systems preferred.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and efficiently solve problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a relentless drive toward outcomes and high aim.
- Have a bias for action and lead with an innovative mindset
- Ability to work and prioritize independently, while also working in collaboration with a team
- Able to remain composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organization commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner; proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
- Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.