'It's Coming From Inside the House!': Watch 'The Blair Witch Project' With Co-Director Eduardo Sanchez & Producers Gregg Hale + Michael Monello!
At 7 p.m. PT this Friday, April 24 on It's Coming from Inside the House!, the Museum of Pop Culture's weekly horror film program, join MoPOP's Manager of Public Engagement Robert Rutherford for a livestream discussion and watchalong of horror classic The Blair Witch Project, with special guests co-director Eduardo Sanchez and producers Gregg Hale and Michael Monello.
- Register Now: 'The Blair Witch Project' Watchalong
Re-invigorating the "found footage" movement, The Blair Witch Project showed how much could be done with a well-crafted mystery and word-of-mouth buzz. Shot for a slim $60,000, the film went on to gross more than $240 million, and its stylistic imprints on the genre are still visible today. The Blair Witch Project comes in at No. 79 on MoPOP's list of 100 Horror Films to See Before You Die.
Here are a handful of program elements you can expect to see Friday night:
- Pre-film introduction from Robert Rutherford, MoPOP's Manager of Public Engagement, and several of the filmmakers who brought The Blair Witch Project to life, including co-director Eduardo Sanchez and producers Gregg Hale and Michael Monello
- Spotlight on artifacts from The Blair Witch Project on display in MoPOP's Scared to Death: The Thrill of Horror Film exhibition
- Cocktails, mocktails, and beer pairing recommendations
- Chat with Robert, the filmmakers, and other fans during the film
- Post-film Q&A and discussion with Robert, the filmmakers, and other fans
If you happen to own a copy of the film, get it queued up! Otherwise, here's where you can find The Blair Witch Project online:
So download or dust off your copy and register for the watchalong on our Movies at MoPOP webpage!
Learn more about Movies at MoPOP + for contests, the latest news, and behind-the-scenes content, be sure to follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Like what you see? Support the work of our nonprofit museum by making a donation to MoPOP today!