Web Production Coordinator
Sr. Manager, Product UX/UI
Does not supervise staff
22 – 24 per hour
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
The person best suited for this role will have a portfolio demonstrating experience in designing and/or managing website content with HTML/CSS, utilizing UX/UI best practices, creating assets or communicating asset specs using design terminology, and have a strong understanding of website performance optimization, SEO, and using analytical tools to measure results of the work. There is an opportunity to grow specialization skills within this role depending on the candidate’s vision.
Essential Job Functions (other duties assigned)
- Design and update web and app content (HTML/CSS/JS).
- Design, create, author and/or optimize media assets (images, video, audio, documents, resource files) using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. Work with MoPOP’s design team to communicate specs using design terminology.
- Configure products and ecommerce content (HTML/CSS and images) for branded events, tickets, and retail products.
- Implement and evaluate A/B testingprotocols and procedures.
- Create reports in analytics tools tounderstand user behavior, accurately report on web traffic, conversion data, SEO performance, and the results of digital marketing campaigns (e.g. Google Analytics, MS Clarity, Optimizely, CrazyEgg, Mixpanel, Marketo, MOZ).
- Research new technologies and trends in interactive design and development to innovate MoPOP’s digital platforms.
- Support platform version and upgrade updates as needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Philanthropy, Programs and Education team efforts to drive audience loyalty and revenue through the use of the website and app.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts marketing and advertising, and supporting teammates and Director of Marketing in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the Marketing Department.
Desired Qualifications (Education/Experience/Certifications)
- A passion for design, interactives, brand, typography, user experience, digital marketing, and an eagerness to test and learn while goal setting and tracking KPI’s towards those goals.
- User Experience design background or career interest.
- Expert in optimizing pages and assets for web using Adobe Photoshop (Illustrator, InDesign a plus).
- A customer-first mindset when approaching projects and campaigns (internal and external customers), using data to help inform the work (e.g. User behavior, trends, research).
- Solid understanding of digital advertising and using analytical tools to measure results.
- Experience working with colleagues and teams across an organization to successfully collaborate on marketing initiatives. Ability to navigate diverse communication styles and engage diverse audiences.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to assess different scenarios and challenges critically and holistically, and efficiently problem-solve.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization to drive clarity on goals, long-term initiatives, and special projects.
- Being a fan of all things pop-culture preferred (we’d love to hear about your passions!).
- Bonus: Understanding of web services technologies such as REST APIs, usage of JSON, XML and how to leverage options.
A portfolio demonstrating experience in designing and/or coding websites is required for this role – URL or PDF.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that we will share during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.