Sr. Systems Administrator
Senior Manager, IT Operations
Does not supervise staff
80k – 85k
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP. We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a diverse range of people. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact. We are proud to create both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from all walks of life to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is committed to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all. We seek out a diverse field of candidates for staff positions and expect everyone in the MoPOP community to be part of our DEIA journey.
The Sr. Systems Administrator works in conjunction with the IT Operations Team and key vendors/service-providers to configure, monitor, and maintain MS-SQL databases, Hyper-V servers and virtual machines, enterprise applications, and other technology infrastructure in both the Museum and Administrative offices. The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset, take ownership of projects, be biased for action, and communicate clearly with both internal and external parties.
Essential Job Functions (other duties assigned)
- Manage & maintain several MS-SQL servers that power business-critical enterprise applications.
- Administer & improve a hybrid Active Directory / AzureAD environment with a multi-domain ADFS configuration.
- Exercise ownership and management of a variety of IT projects & vendors, to drive efficient results.
- Assist in maintaining a variety of enterprise applications across virtual (Hyper-V) and cloud-hosted (Azure) platforms spanning approximately 75 servers and 250 endpoint devices.
- Provide system monitoring and after-hours critical incident support as scheduled.
- Author and maintain systems documentation as-appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with:
- MS-SQL Server
- Server virtualization (Hyper-V or VMWare)
- Active Directory, including Group Policies & ADFS
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience administering Azure VMs and Storage
- Experience managing Projects including building out schedules, tasks, and milestones
- An understanding of Agile project management frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expert knowledge of common Windows Server/AD administration tools
- Experience maintaining Office 365 in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following areas is considered desirable:
- Offsite/Cloud-based Backup & DR solutions
- MDM/EMM deployment & maintenance
- iSCSI SANs
- PCI-DSS compliance and auditing
- Automation tools for endpoint device deployment & maintenance
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that we will share during the hiring process.
MoPOP is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission. BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.