Security Supervisor ~ Overnight Shift
Manager, Security Services
Overnight Security Officers
$20.69 per hour + $2 premium as applicable
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
Supervise shift security operations of multi-site security program for Museum of Pop Culture. Primarily supervises MOPOP Security Officers and insures adequate, effective coverage of security needs. Acts as liaison with external contacts including guests of the facility, local police, fire and other public safety-related entities. Interacts with other MoPOP departments in the routine course of security activities. Responsible for screening, interviewing, and training of MoPOP Security Officers, as directed by the Security Manager.
Essential Job Functions (other duties assigned)
- Supervise shift security officers and operations for the Museum and off-site facility during our overnight shifts.
- Assist in recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring Security staff in partnership with the Manager of Security Services, evaluate and document Security personnel performance and conduct performance reviews.
- Provide effective training and support for both MoPOP Security staff and contract officers.
- Monitor Security Systems CCURE/ENDURA/FIRE.
- Perform rounds, secure areas, and provide directional information to guests and vendors of MoPOP.
- Review all Daily Shift Reports/Logs and follow up as needed. Write or review incident and accident reports.
- Review security policies and procedures and recommend improvements where applicable.
- Monitor department activities, track trends, and suggest improvements based on data.
- Coordinate with event managers, program producers, private security for high profile visitors, and other individuals to facilitate security for both internal and external partner events as applicable.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years of verifiable security supervisory experience in a public, interactive setting, including experience in facility, crowd control and event security.
- Must have experience in crowd control, event security planning and execution.
- Must work well under pressure with little or no supervision to carry out the duties of the position.
- Security certificates are encouraged.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Proven ability to provide effective customer service for internal and external client groups.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
- Ability to be honest, alert, and well-disciplined as the representative of the Security leadership team.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, work as part of a team and follow directions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Solid leadership skills, positive role modeling to staff and ability to bring out the best in our employees.
- Present a professional image at all times.
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered, and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to work overnight shift and weekends.
- May be required to work irregular hours, holidays, weekends and call-out.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Leadership and Management.
- Customer Focus.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel information.
*Please note that this position is an overnight shift, typically 12am to 8am, 5 nights per week, including weekends. There is a $2 premium for hours worked during specific timeframes. Details will be shared during the interview process.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that we will share during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.