Exhibit Shop Assistant (Temporary Contingent)
Manager, Exhibit Services
Curatorial (Exhibit Services)
The Exhibit Shop Assistant main responsibility is to assist Exhibit Fabricators in the production and assembling of exhibit components. This includes the installation of exhibitions in MoPOP’s galleries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- To assist Exhibit Fabricator with installation of exhibit.
- Install new exhibitions in the museum’s galleries.
- Light carpentry and painting skills.
- Unloading and loading trucks with exhibition exhibit components.
- Maintain high safety standards in the exhibit shop.
- Perform other cabinetry work, carpentry, or mechanical work as may be required.
- Assist in routing maintenance of exhibits, as required.
- Assist building maintenance crew when needed and performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines.
- This position requires the employee to occasionally lift 40 to 70 pounds.
- A minimum of one to three years of experience in assisting with cabinetry and metal fabrication.
- Experience in exhibit production, blueprint reading, mechanical fabrication and repair, and minor electrical and electronic installations, a plus.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other regulations in a cabinet shop environment.
- Ability to drive a forklift and use material-handling equipment (MoPOP will train and certify)
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 to 70 pounds.
- Ability to understand detailed verbal and written directions/instructions.
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to provide effective customer service for internal and external client groups.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills in order to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may require long periods of sustained standing during exhibit installation and strike. Position requires travel between museum and exhibit shop. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 70 pounds.
Apply For This Position »