CONTINGENT SECURITY OFFICER
The Contingent Security Officer position performs shift security operations for a multi-site security program at MoPOP to ensure adequate, effective coverage of security needs. This role must act as liaison with external contacts including museum patrons and event attendees, business vendors, contract staff, as well as local public safety-related entities. This role is responsible for upholding all department and Museum policies and standards for safety, security and visitor service. This position will have an average of 29 hours or less a week and is on an as needed basis. Contingent Officers must be available evenings and weekends and fill a minimum of three 8-hour shifts (or a minimum of 24 hours) per quarter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Perform shift security operations for the MoPOP facilities.
- Provide event security services for rentals, internal, and external special events.
- Available to work shifts as stipulated in position summary; reliable attendance and punctuality required.
- Monitor security systems and building controls; dispatch information to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor C-Cure, Endura and CCTV surveillance systems, building automation systems and/or security and fire alarm controls.
- Perform rounds, secure areas, and provide directional information to guests.
- Write incident, accident, and unusual occurrence reports.
- Track departmental activities as directed to chart trends.
- Make security observations and recommendations to department Leads, Supervisors and/or the Manager.
- Interact with other MoPOP departments in the routine course of security activities.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in addressing a diverse array of visitors, event clients, and other internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned by a Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- A minimum of one year of security experience in a public interactive setting, including experience in; facility, crowd control and event security or a minimum two years of strong customer service experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Able to assume high levels of responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle stress and stay focused, even-tempered and congenial.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required to ensure exceptional service for both the public & internal guests.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and diverse team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a continuous work flow in a high volume, high expectation environment.
- Strong interest in the popular culture topics presented at Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), including but not limited to music, film, television, and digital media.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision.
WHY IT'S COOL TO WORK HERE
- Be a part of an awesome team and Organization: Work directly for the MoPOP Organization, not a contract company.
- Flexible Scheduling: Our schedule is posted 3 weeks out and based around your availability Via the Paycom system. This is a great job to have alongside other jobs or while attending school.
- Development: In house training and certifications on Security Practices and systems.
- Unique work environment: Work inside a Frank Gehry designed building housing Hundreds of unique and interesting Pop Cultural artifacts located in the heart of the Seattle Center.
CONTINGENT SECURITY GUARD BENEFITS
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free and confidential work-life balance and counseling services available to all employees, dependents, and anyone who lives in your household for help with personal, professional, financial, legal or family problems.
- MoPOP Access: Staff level Membership for you and your guests while actively employed.
- Transportation Benefit: MoPOP offers access to various transportation and parking options, available 45 days after employment.
- Employee Discounts: 50% discount to employees on all food and beverage selections at Culture Kitchen + Bar at MoPOP and a 15% discount from Various Seattle Center Armory vendors and a 25% discount at the MoPOP Retail Store (excluding CDs/DVDs) by showing your badge.
Apply For This Position