Senior Video Producer/Editor
Does not supervise staff
$22 - $24/hr
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP. We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a diverse range of people. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact. We are proud to create both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from all walks of life to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is committed to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all. We seek out a diverse field of candidates for staff positions and expect everyone in the MoPOP community to be part of our DEIA journey.
Collaborates with the Senior Video Producer/Editor to post-produce dynamic, engaging video content, including concerts, promos, virtual tours, education curriculums, oral histories, special exhibit content, and livestreams. Elevates footage with the creation of motion graphics, color correction, and audio mixes. Facilitates digitization, transcription, and archiving of all video assets. Maintains post-production equipment and edit bays including QNAP video project server, OneHub online library, and LTO tape archive.
Essential Job Functions (other duties assigned)
- Edit and deliver video content for all departments, across internal systems, to all stakeholders in desired formats and codecs under tight deadlines (with very occasional overnight turnarounds)
- Apply creative use of sound design and motion graphics to video content
- Log, digitize, duplicate, and archive MoPOP’s video content to the highest quality standard for the medium
- Generate ideas and identify opportunities for content (one-time-only and recurring series) to be posted on MoPOP media platforms (social, web, in-museum)
- Monitor for content integrity, quality, and longevity to ensure the final product fits the intended outcome
- Minimum two years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of video production and post-production techniques–including cameras, digital + analog workflows, hardware, and software
- Demonstrated experience creating motion graphics, mixing audio, and color grading footage
- Ability to craft and communicate compelling narratives and structure stories with audio and video to generate emotion, excitement, and inspiration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, handle stress, and stay focused in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people
- Must be a highly organized self-starter, with the ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Media Encoder
- Competency with Adobe Creative Suite, Zoom, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Pro Tools, Compressor, etc.
- Understanding of Windows, Mac OS, MS Office Suite + Teams, and online collaborative working tools
- Able to travel, work weekends, and evenings for special event coverage as needed
- Able to carry up to 40 pounds of gear
- Passion for pop culture is a plus
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that we will share during the hiring process.
MoPOP is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission. BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.
Apply For This Position »