Annual Fund Manager
Does not supervise staff
$21.84 - $23.52 per hour DOE
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
The Advancement Coordinator is integral to the efficiency of the Advancement team and their success. The Advancement Coordinator will be responsible for the day‐to‐day needs of supporting the Advancement team, particularly in the three areas of data collection and management, event support, and administrative tasks. This person should be skilled in data management and reporting, segmenting/extracting complex lists, be highly organized and detail oriented, and have a passion for pop culture and desire to help deepen MoPOP’s impact within our community and beyond.
Essential Job Functions (other duties assigned)
- Manage the current CRM including gift entry, list management and report creation, maintain accurate constituent reports, ensure overall data integrity as well as act as the CRM expert on the Development team.
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process for all gifts as part of the overall stewardship plan, including gift processing and donor acknowledgement.
- Schedule and coordinate internal department meetings as well as manage the organization and cleanliness of electronic folders and inventory cabinets.
- Assist team members with administrative tasks related to their daily work, such as mailings, reports, data, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Submit department invoices to generate purchase orders and track department expenses.
- Manage and maintain employee giving and matching gift company portals.
- Provide support to Fundraising Event Manager as needed with audience development activities, sponsorship recognition and implementation, and other event logistics, including RSVP tracking, volunteer management, thank you letters, etc.
- Assist in coordinating fundraising and stewardship Advancement events, in conjunction with other MoPOP internal teams.
- Provide support for other stewardship activities in collaboration with other Advancement team members.
- Support the Annual Fund Manager as needed with audience development and segmentation strategies, donor receipting and member fulfillment, renewal tracking and reporting, processing recurring payments, etc.
- Support the Grants Manager as needed with drafting proposal attachments and preparing applications for submission.
- Assist with donor prospecting and research.
- Reconcile department credit card and accounting balances with Finance team.
- Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
- Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
- Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
- Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
- 2+ years’ experience preferred.
- Experience with Tessitura CRM system and other computer‐based information systems such as Greater Giving preferred.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and efficiently solve problems. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and a relentless drive towards actionable results.
- Lead with an innovative mindset and be willing to test new ideas.
- Ability to work and prioritize independently, while also working in collaboration with a team
- Able to remain composed under stress, handle responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organization commitments.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner; proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
- Travel, including evening and weekend work may occur.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that we will share during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.