The Curatorial department within the Museum of Pop Culture is seeking an intern with strong knowledge of video and digital media to help further MoPOP’s content presence both inside the museum and online with platforms like Youtube, Instagram, Facebook and our own app.
The Video Production Intern will assist in documenting events and educational programs, edit ongoing video projects, and will leave with hands-on experience and material to supplement a reel or resume. Come be a part of the team during an exciting time at MoPOP!
Reports To: Jonathan Pulley, Senior Video Producer/Editor
Position Start Date: April 2020
Position End Date: June 2020
Time Commitment: 12-15 hours a week with availability for some evenings and weekends coinciding with museum special events
- Assist with production shoots for exhibits and special events
- Work closely with video team leads, sourcing footage and music, building edits, creating graphics, and crafting visual narratives
- Other duties as assigned
- Gain experience in a professional media environment
- Develop project management skills
- Learn video production best practices with industry leading equipment and software
- Current college or graduate student pursuing a career in television, media communications or marketing
- Experience with NLE software like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut
- Knowledge of cameras, lights, and microphones
- Genuine interest in popular culture
- Successfully complete a criminal background check and reference check
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title “Video Production Intern.”
The Museum of Pop Culture's mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities.