As part of the franchise’s 50th anniversary celebrations, Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds presents the phenomenon, its enduring impact on our culture, and how Star Trek has inspired people to imagine, explore, and create.
Discover the beloved series all over again in this fully immersive exhibit, featuring more than 100 artifacts and props from the five Star Trek television series, spin-offs, and films, including set pieces from the original series like the navigation console (on display for the first time to the public); Kirk, Spock, Uhura, and McCoy original series costumes; and the 6-foot U.S.S. Enterprise filming model from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Exhibited at MoPOP May 21, 2016 through May 28, 2018.
3D Exhibition Walk-through
Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds is a fully immersive exhibition that showcases Star Trek’s significant impact on culture, society, arts, sports, technology, and fashion.
- Set pieces from Star Trek: The Original Series including Captain Kirk’s command chair and the navigation control panel
- More than 100 props and artifacts from the five Star Trek television series and many of the films including original series tricorder, communicator, and phaser; a Borg cube, Klingon disruptor pistol, tribbles, and more
- Rare costumes including Spock’s tunic worn by Leonard Nimoy, Lt. Uhura’s (Nichelle Nichols) dress, Khan garments past and present including the tunic worn by Ricardo Montalban and the costume worn by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2013 re-boot, Captain Picard’s (Patrick Stewart) costume, a Borg costume, the alien Gorn, and more
- KHAAAAN! video booth where visitors can recreate the memorable scene from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Filming models of the spaceships Enterprise, Excelsior, Phoenix, and the Deep Space Nine space station
- Showcase of Star Trek’s significant impact on culture, society, arts, sports, technology, and fashion that includes a prototype of a real medical tricorder, Star Trek-themed beer, Red Sox “Star Trek Night” foam finger in the shape of the Vulcan salute, a “Picardigan” sweater, a listening station with songs by Star Trek tribute bands, USPS stamps featuring the USS Enterprise, and much more
- 22 Costumes with mannequins
- Scripts/production documents/storyboards
- Five interpretive films
- Interviews with creators, actors and experts
- Behind-the-scenes footage
Casework, Graphics and AV equipment are included in the exhibition.
- Kids 8 and up
- Star Trek and science fiction fans
Venue: 5,000-7,000 square feet; approx. 16 weeks
Availability: May 2018 through October 2019
- Marketing and promotional templates
- Educational materials (Exhibit Guide & Workshops)
- Audio tour (Museums provide delivery system)
- Large print guide
Share your photos: #MoPOPSTARTREK
Thank you to our hotel partners:
TM & © 2018 CBS Studios Inc. © 2018 Paramount Pictures Corp. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.